The Future & Long Flights

I woke up somewhere in between America and Paris. 

My head was curled up next to Wesley's shoulder and his head rested on mine.

He had been awake for a while but was waiting for me. When I woke up, we got water from the flight attendant and talked for a long time. Most of the people around us were asleep. I talked to him about our future. About our past. About our present. Neither one of us are planning on settling down and getting married any time soon but it's fun to compare our views of the future to see what we have in common or not. 

"Really?!" He was shocked.

"What?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I just never thought you would want three kids. I thought you would be one and done."

"No! I was an only child and it sucked. Three kids at least you have options so you would always have someone to talk to. With three, at least if you don't like one then you can have another brother or sister to talk to." I explained and Wes nodded.

"I get it, I get it. I like three or four, but what if you just hate all of your siblings? Then what?"

"Well..." I laughed a bit and thought before I answered. "Then, I guess, you are just screwed and cynical." Wes laughed and agreed.

"When do you think you want marriage and kids?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Before I'm thirty. Maybe twenty-five, twenty-seven."

He nodded and agreed. "I like that. I have four years to be an idiot and screw up. Then I will have little ones to think about before I go through with any dumb ideas."

"Just because you are a parent doesn't mean you won't do stupid things. It just means you might do less of them." I joked.

"True." Wes laughed and I could see him thinking about everything and the future.

"I know." I said and kissed the top of his hand. "The futures tough to think about."

"I just don't want my kids to turn on me. I want to be a good parent and I want them to know everything I will do for them is out of love. I don't want them thinking that I don't understand. That's what scares me." He admitted after thinking for a while.

"You can't prevent that. My parents were rich and bought me anything and everything I wanted and gave me anything a kid would want. Now look at me. I walked out on them. I basically left and took everything they did for me without a thank you. I used to think they didn't care about me. They were always at work events and work trips. I was left, sometimes for weeks at a time, without a clue where they were or when they would come back. Then they would come back and yell at me because my grades would go down if they were out of town for a while. They thought is was because 'I wasn't trying' and 'I was taking the easy way out'. But in reality, I was just zoning out on the lessons because I was praying that my parents were safe and alive wherever they were. I wouldn't come home for nights at a time and they wouldn't notice but were quick to yell at me if I didn't take out the garbage. Now I realized they just yelled at me a lot while they were home because that was their only form of quick parenting. They'd be gone and out of my life the next week anyway." I quit my long explanation. "You're kids are going to hate you no matter how much or how little you try with them. It's inevitable." 

"I used to think they were being strict and not letting me go to parties because they didn't want me to have fun and that they were being mean because they were mad they couldn't go out and do fun stuff like I could." Wes chuckled and shook his head. "I left the house when they grounded me because I yelled at them for not letting me go to my friends party. I got drunk. I came back home in the morning and for weeks they pretended like they didn't know I had left that night. After a while, I told them and they said they already knew. They said 'you're gonna do stupid shit, and we can't stop you.' That was the first time I realized that they made an attempt to parent me and I went behind their back and ended up learning my lesson myself."

"What a punk." I said with a laugh. "How old were you?" 

"Sixteen. I left my town the day after my eighteenth."

"I left at 16." I looked away from his eyes knowing we had already had this conversation before. He knew why, no need going down that road again.

"I feel like everyone says they won't parent like their parents did." Wes said moving away from the way our conversation was going. I was thankful for that.

"I feel like it's going to happen no matter what. That's what scares me."

"I know. Me too." He said and rubbed his hand on my leg that was draped over his. My legs had been up on Wes's since we woke up, every do often he would brush his hands over then stop then start again.

"But hey, you and I are famous musicians. Our parent's must have done something right."

"What do you mean?" He asked clearly confused.

"They had to of taught us how to be passionate about something. And how to love. Now we our doing what we are passionate about with the ones we love. That's a plus." I said and he smiled. Wes kissed my hand and we opened up his laptop to watch movies for the rest of the flight.

Wes and I both took in the view as we passed over France. Both of our heads crowded the window and he laughed.

We were close to each other when we stopped looking out the window and both of us smiled. For a long time. Finally, I spoke. "I love you."

"I was waiting for that." He smirked and dipped down for a long kiss. 

A/N

oops. this was a filler and the next chapter will be them touring around Paris.

hey so i've never been to Paris it's just a dream of mine to go there so if you've been there or also share my dream and know any spots around Paris PLEASE comment below and comment them so I get a little help/inspiration for my next chapter :)))) enjoyyyy vote/share/follow/comment