Three Months

"I can hear angels when you say my name..." Wes sang through the phone. It was eleven in the morning here in California and six in the evening in London.

Wes will be home this month. I want to hug and kiss him forever. I haven't seen his face in so long. I haven't felt his touch in so long. 

Wes was singing their new song "You're My Light"  through the phone wanting to get my opinion. I was listening while trying to get ready for my appointment with Mrs. Demartie. I had slipped on my right shoe when Wes finished.

"What do you think?" He asked, sounding nervous.

"I think it's a beautiful song. I really like it!" I heard his little laugh through the phone. He killed me.

"Yes! I was hoping you would like it!" He said.

"Your voice is so perfect you could read a biology textbook and I would still love it." He laughed again.

"Thanks babe, I miss you."

"I miss you too." I took a deep breath. "I'll see you in a week or two."

"13 days has never seemed so far away! I want to come home!" He whined like a child and I laughed.

"Enjoy your last days! California's not going anywhere, we can wait." I heard him take a deep breath and he sounded sad. My doorbell rang.

"Whose that?" He asked curiously.

"Anne, she just got here to pick me up." I answered showing my left shoe on and grabbing my purse.

"What's on your schedule today?" He asked.

"I have a...uh...appointment." I stuttered a bit but I hoped he wouldn't catch that.

He chuckled on the other end. "A 'Uh' appointment? Really, what are you doing?" 

I stayed silent trying to gather my story. "Really! I do have an appointment! I'm sorry babe, I have to go. Talk to you later. Have a good night!" I quickly said.

"Okay? Bye?" He didn't sound like he quite bought my story but I technically I didn't really lie, I just didn't tell the whole truth. I don't need to worry him. I will tell him...sometime.

Anne was waiting in the car outside and as I got in she tried her usual routine to get me to confess why I'm going to a therapist. 

"It's not going to work, Anne. No one is going to hear the truth before Wes. He will be the first to hear and then I will consider telling others." I spoke and Anne stayed silent for a while.

"Have you told your parents?" She asked.

"Anne, you know our relationship. Even if I wanted to tell them, I wouldn't know where to begin. I don't know any phone numbers. I don't know an address to find them at. I just don't know." I answered her question and we remained silent for the rest of the drive. Mrs. Demartie's office isn't too far away. I arrived and waited for her current appointment to end. 

I was called in by her assistant and we began.

"This is your fifth week coming to therapy and each session you want to talk. I'm impressed." She said and I smiled.

"I have a career now. I actually have a purpose. I don't want that to changed." I told her.

"My dear, you still haven't gotten to talk about what really brought you here. We have talked about your career and hate, which is good, don't get me wrong. However, I don't think that is was got you to come here."

I took a deep breath and spoke. "My boyfriend is coming home at the end of the month and I want to be able to tell him this. I have only told one person since it happened. My goal, for today, is to get through exactly why I decided to call you." Mrs. Demartie nodded, but stayed silent. I didn't speak too. I decided to close my eyes and take a deep breath. "I saw him again." I began but stopped.

"Him? You saw James?" She asked calmly. I merely nodded, tears came but they were light. They didn't cause my voice too shake or my body to ache. They just flowed down.

"I didn't just see him. He..he almost...He almost did it. Again." I forced through with more tears coming. I had repeated and relived that night so many times in my mind but confessing it out loud was much much harder.

"Please, my dear, I need you to get through the rest of the story."

The two hour session was filled with my slow progression through the story and small cries in between. Mrs. Demartie helped me. I had flashbacks of the things I used to hear from her the first time this happened. I was exhausted from the emotions that had been coming through me.

"Before we go, do you have any final questions?" Mrs. Demartie asked me.

"I have one." I said. "How do I go about telling my boyfriend?"

Mrs. Demartie smiled. "Not telling him won't be good. You must be honest. You can cry. You can pause. Don't be pressured into telling him. You have to do it when you're ready. But, by you asking me that question I think you are ready." She smiled again and Anne picked me up a few minutes later. I got hope and locked the door. 

I put in the Breakfast Club and popped popcorn. I was nearly asleep when my phone began to ring. The bright light hurt my eyes so I answered without looking at caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Did I wake you?" Wes's voice spoke. 

"I was watching a movie and accidentally fell asleep. Its only 8:30."

"Right. That's why I thought it was safe to call." He spoke.

"Sorry, it was just a long day." I replied.

"That's why I wanted to call."

I yawned. "Wait, babe, what are you doing calling me? It's like-"

"3 in the morning." He laughed. "I know. Anyway, I've been thinking about your "uh appointment" all

day. It's been scaring me, baby, are you alright?"

I gave a stressed exhale. "Sweetie, I'm fine. You should be sleeping."

"No. Stop worrying about my rest, please, for one second." He snapped. "I'm sorry but I need to know the truth." 

"Wesley, I am really fine. I need you to not worry about me. Please. I have a plan. I will tell you when you're home. I promise. This isn't something to tell you over the phone."

He gave an annoyed sigh. "You promise your health is fine? Whatever you went to an appointment for is fine, right?"

I smiled. "Of course. I'm okay."

"Wesley! Shut up!" I heard a voice yell from the phone and I laughed.

"You're interrupting his beauty sleep." I said and Wes laughed.

"No kidding. I will call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. Sweet dreams." I spoke

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I knew I would worry him. Imagine how worried he would be if he knew the whole story. I will pick him up from the airport in twelve days now. I will tell him within a week of him being home. He will push me to tell him when he gets here. I want at least one night alone and happy with Wes. Twelve days. Twelve days. That was my last thought before I fell asleep.

A/N:

sorry this is kind of bad :( i just want Wes to come back in the next chapter. I'm writing and posting soon! Bye loves :) have a fabulous rest of your week!