Turn on

„When did your parents leave?" Don asks and I sigh. „About 30 mins ago" I say as calm as possible. I don't wanna talk about our argument right now and not over the phone. „I will put Henry to bed and come visit you. I have a meeting tomorrow morning so I won't be able to stay" guilt is in his voice. „Oh darling, that's okay. Can't wait to see you later. I love you" „I love you too. Give Mamie a kiss from me" then he hangs up. I put my phone down and for the first time today I don't know what to do. Looking around in the room I see that there is a TV I haven't noticed before. The sun is already really low and it shines beautifully into my room. I look into the crib again but Mamie is still sleeping. I decide to have a shower, if I can get up on my own. I try to push myself up so I sit up straight and then slowly slide my legs down and for the first time since I woke up, I sit on my bed without leaning against anything. Everything goes black for a few seconds and I can hear a high ringing tone but after I took a few deep breaths, my senses get back to normal and I get up. It's actually not that bad as expected and I'm really grateful for that. I give Mamie a kiss from Don and then leave her alone. Turning the light on in the bath I see that this bathroom is much bigger than the one I had when I was in hospital when I gave birth to Henry. Once I figured out how to turn the shower on and how to regulate the temperature, I get undressed and step into the shower. The hot water hits me and for a few minutes I just stand there, the water running down my body. Now I can also have a better look at my scar. I have no idea how it's supposed to look like but I still look at it judgemental but then decide that it looks good. I start washing my hair and just now I realized how dirty I felt. Every now and then I thought I heard Mamie so I turned the water off to make sure. This process delayed my „quick" shower a lot. I tell myself that she's fine, that I'm too paranoid. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly. I feel the water running down my body. Splashing lightly on my head, rinsing out the shampoo out of my hair, down my face, dripping off my nose, caressing my neck and breasts. For a moment I focus just on my breath, feel the water running down my body and forget what happened in the last hours. For a few seconds it's just me, no sorrows, no stress or any negativity.
A knock on the door brings me back to reality. „Mary, it's me. Can I come in?" it's Don. Hearing his voice makes me smile immediately. „I'm just having a shower but sure, come on in" I turn the water off and step out of the shower. I quickly grab the towel and wrap it around me. Don stands behind me and I look at him in the mirror, he smirks. „What?" I ask. „You know, you don't have to hurry with wrapping the towel around. It's not like I've never seen you naked" He puts his hands on my waist and snuggles up on me from behind. „It's not about that. I just gave birth, darling. My body looks different." „I don't care. Honey, you're the most beautiful, cutest and sexiest woman I've ever seen in my life and I'm so blessed to call you mine." He starts kissing my neck and I can't do anything else but told my head to the side to give him more access. I close my eyes and feel my body relaxing. „What are you doing?" I whisper. He continues kissing me, first my neck, then my jawline and then my exposed shoulders. His warm breath on my skin gives me chills. „Don..." is all I manage to say before he swings me around, now facing him. It all happened quickly and I felt breathless for a second. Looking up into his eyes I see fire, passion, desire. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, our lips only inches apart. „We can't" I say, moving even closer to him. „Why not?" he asks and I can hear disappointment in his voice. „Well, first of all, we're in a hospital, nurses and doctors are coming in and out" With a quick move he closes the bathroom door. „Done" he says and starts kissing me again, slower than before. „I don't even know if I'm allowed to, darling" I say but to be honest, I don't really care. I know what I want. I try desperately to resist but my body gives in and I throw my head back. His kisses are getting more aggressive but in a good way. He starts nibbling the places he kisses which makes me go crazy, he knows that. „Mrs. Gummer?" I open my eyes, holding his face to stop him. „It's Amy, your nurse. You have a visitor" Just for a second I'm thinking about not answering and wait until she leaves but then I realize how that would look like, leaving a newborn alone. „I'm in here"