Chapter 6

Dylan's Pov

Monday came quicker than anticipated, my hands shook violently as I made breakfast so Charlotte told me to sit down, she made it for me instead of the other way around and told me that it would turn out okay. Her eyes told me they were telling the truth and she handed me a glass of water and placed the pill on the side next to it.

"Thanks babe." i smiled kissing her hands, she nodded and turned to put her shoes on.

"Let me drive." She suggested as I pulled my coat on, my hands hadn't given up with the shaking and we're now turning purple, I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

"Are you okay?" She asked, biting her lip as concern filled her face, I said nothing and just gave her a half smile instead, trying to hide the tears brimming my eyes, I blinked them away and turned on the radio.

----------

"Can I help you?" The lady behind the desk asked, I was having some serious second thoughts, a breeze whipped around my ankles as someone opened the door. I put my hand on the back of my neck and looked out of the window, Charlotte say in the car, reading.

"Sir. Can I help you?" The receptionist pushed, I turned around and smiled at her.

"Sorry. I have an appointment with Tam about now." I told her, she nodded and typed something on her computer. she looked up and fake smiles at me.

"Okay Mr O'Brien. Take a seat. Tam will call you in in a minute." I nodded and sat down next to the window. I sat and twiddled my thumbs, my knees shaking as my heartbeat rocketed.

"Mr O'Brien?" I heard a female voice say from the other side of the waiting room. I never saw her face because she turned around when I stood up, the door closing behind her.

"Take a seat." She smiled, sitting on her own chair, I looked at her for the first time. My god she was beautiful.

"Dylan right?" She smiled, ignoring the fact that I was staring at her.

"Yeah." was all I could muster.

"Stop staring at me." she giggled, typing on her computer.

"Sorry. You're just so beautiful."

"We need to talk about you. I know that you've gone through this with others but I need to make sure we're on the same page okay." I nodded at her and leaned back in the chair.

"So all we'll do for now is talk about how you're feeling mentally and then when we meet next week we'll start to talk about how we can make it better okay."

"Thursday." I said.

"What?" She asked, making eye contact.

"They uh, changed it. I'm really messed up. It's not weekly. It's Monday's and Thursday's." I smiled, playing with my hands.

"Okay. When did the mood swings start?" Tam asked, shifting in the chair and crossing her legs.

"About six months ago." I replied honestly.

"When did they start to get bad?"

"three months ago?" I questioned myself. She nodded, mentally taking notes

"What happened when they got bad? What did you do or want to do?" She asked the question I really didn't want to answer.

"I ur." I started. I couldn't look her in the eye. "I attacked my girlfriend." I sighed, tears pricking my eyes. Again.

"Hey. It's okay." She noticed me almost crying and she leant forward and put a hand on my knee sending electricity running up and down my legs, my crotch twitched.

" I don't want to hurt anybody." I whispered.

"I know I know. And you won't. I promise we just have to get to the bottom of this." she smiled.

"When you have a really bad mood swing do you find yourself questioning life?" Was her next question. I nodded.

"And do you get the overwhelming desire to harm yourself?" Again. I nodded this time regrettably.

"Have you harmed yourself?" She asked, I shook my head this time.

"No. Thank god. I was going to but Charlotte stopped me, but I hurt her...it's always Charlie. I wish I did hurt myself." my smile fell off my face, I stared at her eyes while she wrote some notes, such beautiful eyes. She pushed her hair behind her ear and I was still staring at her.

She asked me a series of questions to do with my mental health, if I was depressed, suicide attempts and such. I was over the moon with happiness when I could finally leave.

I walked out of the room and through reception. Thanking the woman behind the desk as I left.

I walked into the car park and climbed into the car. Kissing Charlotte passionately.

"How was it?" She smiled, I shrugged.

"No different to the others. She just got to know me and my brain."

All the way home I couldn't stop thinking about her. I was in so much trouble.