55. Just better than you

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it. 🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to).

This week's shout out: anushka0109 !! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this story <3 <3 <3 <3

I'm so sorry for the lack of uploads!!! If you want to stay updated on me complaining and apologizing for not having time to write, follow my profile 

                           HEADS UP:        This is Adam and Collin's last chapter in the book <3

- Are you nervous? – Collin asked as they climbed up the stairs of the Biology department. – I'm really nervous.

- Not any more than thirty seconds ago when you last asked, – Adam said. - If, for some reason, the professor doesn't think the email is proof enough...

- She will. – Collin interjected with a firm nod. – She wanted dates, we have dates. If she's still not willing to fight to prove your innocence, then she's just a hypocrite.

One of Adam's eyebrows shot up, his lips turning at the corners, – You're fired up, aren't you?

Collin thrust his chin out in determination, – Whoever messes with you, messes with me.

Adam tried to press down a smile that was too obvious to be hidden. With light a shake of the head, he nudged Collin's shoulder. – Calm down, justice worrier. The professor decides most of your grade, you shouldn't spite her. Unless you want to have to intern again next year.

- I could send her a really mean anonymous letter.

They followed through the corridors towards the office and. Collin glimpsed at Adam as they walked. His face didn't show much apart from fatigue but, when looking at his hand, tense and fidgety, the weight of the situation was clear as day. And who could blame him? Sure, they had solid proof but from the setbacks on his work and now the stolen thesis, the universe seamed set on stopping him from getting his PhD.

They stopped at the office door and Collin looked at Adam, - Ready?

- No, but let's do it anyway.

Adam knocked and, once they had permission, he opened the door. Apart from the professor sat at her desk, Jane was also in the room, standing behind the professor with a stack of papers on her arms and her laptop on the desk.

- Oh, – Adam stopped one step in. – Was I too early?

- No, you weren't, - the professor, gestured for them to come in. – It was my mistake, I overlapped the meetings by accident. Jane, - she looked back at a very confused looking Jane, – we're going to have to reschedule.