37. Here for you

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it. 🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to).

This week's shout out: giannajazlyn126 ! Thank you for your comment <3 I hope you keep enjoying this book <3 <3 

Edited by: 

Later that day, Dean parked his car in the garage. The man turned it off, letting his body melt against the seat with a long sigh. He closed his eyes, soaking in the silence.

He closed his heavy eyes, and he pondered staying in the car and letting the sleepiness take over. Perhaps, if he wasn't in bed, he could trick his system into getting some rest. And, for a few seconds, that idea was looking up for him. His thoughts became fuzzier and his breath slowed as Dean enjoyed the luxury of an empty mind.

It didn't last long, however. The small voice sneaked up on him, bringing with it reminders of his grandfather's call and the impending presentation at the end of the semester.

His eyes flew open, staring at the ceiling.

He sighed, defeated, and grabbed his stuff, leaving the car. He was about to open the door that connected to the house when the garage door opened back up.

His mother smiled as soon as she spotted him, to which he attributed to the best of his tired abilities.

- Hello, sweetie. - she greeted him as she exited her own car. Dean skimmed her outfit, noting the tailored, long-sleeved, black dress that stopped above the knees, the cream-coloured coat she carried on her arm, and the matching pumps.

- Hello. How did the meeting go?

- It went well, but how did you know I had a meeting?

He motioned to the nude heels.

- You only wear those when someone needs to be taught a lesson.

She smiled, following him inside.

- Unfortunately it happens more than I would like; my feet are killing me.

She supported one hand on the wall, hissing in relief as she took off the abusive shoes, returning to her usual height. Dean's lips tugged slightly as he watched her undo her ponytail, transforming from businesswoman to doting mother. She took a deep breath, decompressing after another long day, when her light eyes locked on him, a thin line forming between her elegant eyebrows.

- Did something happen?

His head shook before he could even process the question, but he persevered.