54. I'm so s'Oreo

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it. 🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to).

This week's shout out: April_1029 !! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on this story <3 I hope you keep enjoying it <3 <3 <3

- You know that staring at your phone won't make him call, right? – May said.

Collin's eyes left the screen to look over at Finn's bed where May sat behind Finn, massaging his shoulders. Somehow, Finn was in pain from using a computer too much.

- I can't help it... It's been forever.

- Two days.

- That counts as forever. – Collin insisted. – Yesterday he didn't show up at the lab, and today again. Adam has never skipped work, he's, like, obsessed with it.

- And how many times have you texted him?

Collin looked back at his phone, opening the text app and scrolling down his texts with Adam, or rather, his texts to Adam. Since the evening of the day everything had gone on, Collin's messages had increased in regularity and intensity. At first, he had stuck to his plan of a simple 'Heard what happened... I'm here for you if you want to talk.', and even with no reply, he was ready to leave it at that. That was, until Adam hadn't shown up at the lab.

Hey. You aren't coming today?, he had texted Adam, with no answer.

I understand if you don't want to talk but just let me know if you're okay, he had tried later that day, but Adam hadn't replied either.

Are you angry at me?

I'm sorry what happened with your dissertation, but I swear it wasn't me.

You know I wouldn't do that, right?

You aren't coming today either?

Can we talk?

Please?

Collin scrunched up his nose, exiting the app.

- Enough times for him to have replied if he wanted.

- Just go to him, - May said. – You know where he lives.

- He might not want to see me.

- I get you're afraid he might think it was you, but, let's be honest, if that guy really thinks you were the one who screwed him over then he isn't good enough for you and he can---

- May. – Finn winced under her hands.

- Sorry. – May let go for a beat, shaking her hands as to force them to relax before resuming both the massage and the conversation. – The point is, Collin, if Adam blames you without even hearing you out, then he's both stupid and a bad friend.