52. The future in pages (part 2)

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it. 🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to).

This week's shout out: VanDownByTheRiver !! Thank you for your support and all the comments, I really, really, really enjoy reading them! I hope you keep liking the story! <3 

When Adam unglued his focus from the laptop screen almost an hour later, his eyes were tired and heavy. He stretched back on the chair, trying to relax his tense muscles, and looked to the sink where Collin was washing a few materials, head bobbing along to the music playing in his earphones.

A smile perked Adam's lips, watching him. Collin hadn't interrupted him since they had returned to work and had kept a steady pace. It was a shame Collin didn't share his love for scientific research. He nagged and he whined but when he was focused on something, he could do a great job and, with practice and had-work, Adam was convinced Collin had the potential to do well in that field. But that wasn't his calling and Adam got it. He had seen Collin act and he had no doubts that was what he was supposed to do in life.

Collin had told him about the deal he had with his parents about following acting in his future. It couldn't have been easy for Collin to have his dream delayed, but Adam couldn't say he didn't understand their apprehension. Scientific research wasn't a bed of flowers either, but acting was one of the riskiest paths to take and every parent should want their child to do well in life. Adam got it, but he also hoped Collin's parents saw their son's talent and how much he loved to act, Collin deserved to get that support.

The sound of the water disappeared and Collin placed the last goblet on the designated plastic basin. He reached for a cloth beside him to dry his hands, noting Adam looking at him from the corner of his eye. In response to the inquisitive look he received, Adam gestured for Collin to take off the earphone.

- Are you done?

Collin nodded, putting down the cloth. – You?

- Not exactly, but I could use a break. – he tipped his head with a small smile. – Care to join?

Collin perked up, hands reaching for the lab coat's buttons. – Finally, - he said, already moving towards the door. – I'm famished. We could go to a café.

Adam stood up from the chair, closing his laptop and grabbing his phone. – Every café must be packed at this hour.

- The weather's nice today, we could buy something and just sit somewhere.

Adam nodded in agreement, fishing his wallet from his bag. He would probably end up paying. Locking the laboratory behind them, they began their way down the hall, until Adam's phone buzzed in his pocket. Opening the message, his pace slowed down until it came to a stop.