43. Guys and Dolls

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it. 🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to).

This week's shout out: fuck_life_339 ! Thank you for your support and nice comments, it really means a lot <3 <3 <3

Generally speaking, Mondays were the worst. Besides marking the beginning of the workweek, any responsibilities ignored during the weekend might just take their revenge.

That particular Monday was specifically insufferable for Collin. As if having a presentation with a professor that had the propensity to ask unanswerable questions, he had to forget his wallet and thus having to ask May to lent him money for lunch. To add to his suffering, thanks to a class reposition, once he finally arrived at the dorm buildings it the night had already set and the storm the news had been warning about was showing its first signs.

Closing his umbrella, he ignored the permanently out of order elevator, dragging his feet up the stairs. He was one flight of stairs from reaching his floor when everything went dark. After a moment of sudden disorientation, Collin's groan echoed in the staircase.

With the aid of the phone light, he climbed up the rest of the flight of stairs. After a detour to help a lightless freshman to his room, he opened the door to his own. The little light that entered from the window wasn't enough to be able to see, so he used the phone to move around, placing his bag on the desk before letting his body fall on to the squeaky bed. His body met the mattress as he sighed.

Thanks to the extra class he hadn't even had the opportunity to join Blake, Finn and May for dinner and given the time the majority of his drama club friends probably had already had dinner as well.

He was hungry and had to decide where to have dinner before it got too late and he ended up going to bed even later, so, the logic solution, was to stay in bed, phone laid on his belly, playing with the shadows his hands made on the ceiling.

He was trying to master the shadow dog when his phone sprung to life with a call from May.

- Hello?

- Hey, as class ended already?

- Already? If it went on any longer I might as well have slept in the classroom. We almost had to implore the professor to let us go.

- Really, that bad? I'm so glad I didn't choose that elective.

- Not helping, May.

- Sorry. Did the lights go out in your dorm as well?

- Yeah... - he sighed, turning his head to the window, watching the heavy rain patter against the glass. - I haven't even had dinner yet.