27. Aftermath

PLEASE READ THIS:  It's currently happening the nominations for The Fiction Awards 2019, and if you enjoy this book I wanted to ask you to nominate Touch Of Hope. There's an explanation on how to nominate it on the previous publication within this book and also on my profile (click on my profile pic, go to "conversations" and go a bit down). It would mean the world to me! 

PLEASE VOTE: I know many people forget, but the votes are what boosts the story so more people can find it.  🖤🙏

Every chapter I will shout out someone, as a thank you for reading! If you want to be the next shout out, you just have to VOTE and leave a COMMENT (anything you want to). 

There have been so many new people commenting and it makes me so happy to talk to you!😁

This week's shout outApril-R ! Thank you so much for supporting this book and always showing interest in the story on in my writing, I do notice and appreciate it  🖤

This week's shout out: April-R ! Thank you so much for supporting this book and always showing interest in the story on in my writing, I do notice and appreciate it  🖤

A click sounded from the intercom, followed by a known voice.

– Good afternoon, Mister Blake. What may I do for you?

– Hi Mr Abe. I need to talk with Dean.

– I'm sorry Sir, but I'm afraid that won't be possible. The young master is currently having an appointment with Miss. Pam.

– I can wait.

A second of silence went by, Mr.Abe clearly at odds with what he should do. But Blake didn't waver. Even if no-one opened the door for him, he would wait by it for as long as necessary.

Dean hadn't answered any of his messages and when he tried to call, the phone had been turned off. He knew the other was trying to avoid him after that Friday's events, but Blake refused to let Dean shut him out.

Blake had allowed him the weekend to be alone, but hearing the long tone of a turned off phone was all Blake needed to get on a bus.

– I can't assure how long it's going to take, Sir.

– I will wait. – Blake looked straight at the camera on the top corner of the gate, knowing the butler was watching him. – Please, Mr Abe.

It took a few more moments but, eventually, the door opened. The young man looked again at the camera, smiling at it before entering. He was just reaching the front door when it opened, showing Mr.Abe, who greeted him with a small reverence.

– It's a pleasure to have you back, sir. – the man closed the door as soon as Blake got in. – Should I notify the young master of your presence?

Blake refused the offer with a head movement.

– I don't want to interrupt the session, I will wait.

– As you wish, sir.

– But is Dean's mother at home?