Quesadilla

Author's Note: Hey friends, a lot of you know that this story is a product of a writing club assignment. For a new assignment, I decided to add this new little short chapter for that assignment so enjoy! Btw: This takes place about a week after the Sayonara amigo incident, and way before the 'He's Mine' chapter, so right now, things are normal between Y/N and Dax.

It's finally Friday. Thank the lord. This week was literally the longest week of my life, no joke. I was sitting on the curb as usual waiting for Dax to show.

He's thirty minutes late, where the hell is he?

I waited about another 10 minutes and got up to leave, I was cold and absolutely exhausted. I was almost around the corner when a car pulled up along side me.

"Need a ride?"

I rolled my eyes at the now all to familiar voice.

"No, my friend ditched me so I was just on my way home."

"Did you just call me your friend L/N?"

I blushed, hoping it was too dark for him to see my crimson stained cheeks.

"That's besides the point, where the hell were you?"

"Just sit down and I explain everything," he said.

Sighing out of frustration, I sat down and waited for Dax to get out of the car. He quickly sat down next to me, a little to close for comfort, not that I minded though, and pulled out an unfamiliar-looking bag.

"No fast food tonight," I asked.

"Nope. Today is National Quesadilla day. So, I went to the best Mexican food joint I know, which is 20 minutes away, which is why I was so late, and I'm sorry about that by the way, I'd never do that to you on purpose," he said with a hint of a blush, "Anyway, I got us some of the best quesadillas known to man."

"Those are some big shoes to fill, but let's see."

Dax handed me a quesadilla, and less than a second after I took the first bite, I swear I died and went to heaven for a moment.

"You're forgiven," I said with a full mouth.

He laughed and said something that I never thought I would hear coming from him, let alone a boy in general. "You're cute," he said blushing like a maniac, a facial expression that I immediately mirrored.

Dax cleared his throat, obviously uncomfortable, because I haven't said anything. What could I even say? 'Thanks, you too' or 'No, you're being too sweet'?

We finished our quesadillas, and said our goodbyes.

Before he got in the car, I decided to seize the moment and try to be confident for once.

"Hey Dax?"

"Yeah, Y/N?"

"You're cute too," I said with a smile.

He looked down at his feet, and smiled at me gratefully. "Thanks, L/N. See you tomorrow."

"Sayonara amigo."