Did he just-

Ignoring the complete surprised state of my mind, I turned around with an indifferent look of my face. I will not show weakness in front of the enemy.

Standing next to his car with a McDonald's bag in hand, was Dax Emerson, with a hint of an amused smirk on his face. You don't understand how badly I wanted to rip off this kids-

"Are you just gonna stand there?" He was not helping the current situation.

I rolled my eyes and started to turn around.

"Wait," he said rather urgently, "Are you hungry? I have an extra cheeseburger."

"I'm quite alright," I said monotonous. Truth was, I was so hungry I thought my stomach was gonna eat itself, but I was not going to give Dax the time of day. I turned on my heel and began to walk away, when my stomach let out some kind of mix between a whale call and mid-labor screams. Damn it.

Dax just laughed as I continued to walk away and proceeded to chuck a cheeseburger at the back of my head. "Take it," he said, "it won't kill ya."

Once again I rolled my eyes. Yet, out of pure hunger and nothing else, I picked up the burger and started the trek back to my house. Why the hell would he just give me a burger. I mean I guess human decency is a thing, but, he doesn't even know me. He probably just pitied me. Oh god. He must thing I'm crazy, banging on that door, like a frickin mad-man. Whatever, I don't even care what he thinks about me. Do I?

When I got home, I ate the cheeseburger, and I gotta admit, it was pretty good. Ugh, curse you Dax Emerson and your incredible taste in cheeseburgers.

But this whole giving me food thing, never happening again.