Chapter 19

~There are quite a few POV changes in this one. Make sure you pay attention. Enjoy :) ~

Chapter 19.

Charlie's pov

"Well?" Lo stood on the opposite side of the room biting the nails on her left hand. Her right hand rested against her small bump and I had to look away to keep from showing my jealousy.

"Negative"

"Oh. Well that's okay. I mean you guys can keep trying and-"

"I know. I just hoped it would happen quick ya know? I don't understand. It shouldn't be this hard. I've timed it perfectly every time"

"Yea, I've watched Aidan more times in the last month than I plan to watch my own child. Just so you two could attempt to reproduce on purpose"

I sighed and tried to figure out how I was going to tell Harry we still weren't pregnant.

"How have things been between you and Harry?"

"Still kind of rocky. I feel like we both just have so much going on. He's been in the studio like crazy and -"

"And you think having another baby will solve that stress?"

"I don't know, Lo. The only things I do know is Aidan wants a sibling and Harry wants another child"

"That won't solve your problems though, Charlie. It will only bring another life into the madness"

"Harry and I fight, but it's not that bad. We always handle everything to the best of our ability"

"All I'm saying is maybe it's a good thing you're not pregnant yet"

"Thanks for the encouragement, Lo" I tossed the test in the trash and plopped down across my bed.

"I'm not trying to upset you. I'm trying to be realistic and smart. You should try it. You know I only want to help"

"Do explain how you're helping anything"

"Did you ask him about his weird behavior around Payton?"

"I asked him if he would cheat on me and he said no. So that's all that matters" I turned staring at her confident in my response.

"And you believed him?" She rolled her eyes.

"Lo, why are you so sure Harry would cheat on me?"

"Charlie, when Alex cheated on you who saw it first?"

"You did" I looked away from her.

"And you still don't trust my judgment? I'm telling you something is wrong. He was acting so weird at Aidan's party"

"We had fought earlier in the day and I'm sure that had something to do with it. He said he would never cheat on me, Lo. I trust him. Isn't that what marriage is about? Loving the other person unconditionally and trusting that when they say they would never hurt you, that they mean it?"

"It is, but Charlie there is something different about Harry lately. Just like with Alex"

"Harry is nothing like Alex. Don't ever make that comparison" my tone was cold and defensive. I felt bad, but at the same time she knew better than to compare the two.

"I know you don't want to believe Harry would do something like that, but you can't just ignore the fact he's been defensive and moody. He practically avoids you at all times. I mean is he ever home anymore?"

"He's been busy in the studio. He warned me that this would happen every now and then so its not a big deal. I really think you're overthinking all of this. I get that you're trying to protect me, but whatever is bothering Harry has nothing to do with him cheating. He's just under a lot of stress with the studio and what not. I can't blame him for being a little moody by the time he gets home"