Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Harrys pov

I sat up and looked around the room. My chest heaved and I tried coughing to open my air way. I hadn't had an attack like this in years. Scrambling off the bed I dropped to my knees in front of the night stand, pulling open the drawer to find my inhaler. It was pushed to the back and I couldn't get the cap off fast enough. Two puffs later I was sitting with my back against the bed and my eyes closed.

It had taken me forever to fall asleep last night. The last thing I remember was rain hitting the window before I finally drifted off; only to have nightmares about Payton all night. It was starting to eat at me even in sleep and I realized time was running out. The realization of me cheating on Charlie had sunk in. As much as I wanted to convince myself I hadn't and that Payton was just using my lack of memory to blackmail me for something that never happened. My conscience knew the truth.

It happened. I slept with Payton and I had to tell Charlie. She was willing to try for another baby and letting her do that knowing what I was hiding was the lowest disrespect I could imagine. A part of me thinking if she got pregnant she wouldn't leave me. In only a week I had become someone I didn't even recognize. I was cheating, lying, and becoming selfish. I could only imagine where I would be on the morals scale in a month.

I bent my knees, resting my arms across them. The bedroom door opened a second later and Charlie rushed in. Streamers were hanging around her shoulders and one arm was secured around a piñata. She walked over to the dresser and then back towards the door.

"Finally! You're up. Well sorta.. Why are you on the floor?" She frowned.

"I had an asthma attack"

"What? Are you okay?" She dropped everything on the bed and sat next to me.

"I'm fine" I closed my eyes again.

"Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine, Charlie" I groaned.

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure" she whispered.

We sat in silence for what felt like eternity. When I heard movement I opened my eyes and she was grabbing the things she'd sat down before exiting the room.

I sighed knowing she was leaving me alone for being short with her and it was actually what I wanted. Maybe if I pushed her away it would be easier when she left me. Once she found out the truth there was no question she would be gone. Cheating was something I knew she couldn't bare. Not after her Ex.

This was the beginning of the end and I needed to prepare myself for it now.

Charlie's POV

When I woke up this morning to Harry talking in his sleep It was impossible for me to go back to sleep myself. After listening to him mumble for almost an hour I decided to start setting up for the party. My plan to prepare the apartment last night had crashed and burned when we ended up making love instead.

It was a lovely alternative, but now I was behind on getting things ready. Hanging the streamers throughout the living room and kitchen area I couldn't help but think over our conversation about having another baby. Harry seemed thrilled at the idea and I was expecting it to carry over into today, but he was distant again. He had been distant all week. His mind always seemed like it was somewhere else and he had left very few hints to exactly where.

I stood on the chair and taped the loose end of a green streamer to the corner. Harry made little noise as he walked through the room and I watched him search the fridge.

"Do we not have any milk?"

"Do you see any milk?" I questioned while securing another loose streamer.