Chapter 29

Please see above the winning edit of the contest for a copy of Tori Kelly's album. I announced the winner on Twitter a while back but here is the edit by @/Curlycakeaf on Twitter. Thank you again for all the entries and maybe we can do this again when the boys next album comes out??? Hmmm..let me know what you think in the comments :)

~~
Charlie's Pov

I stood up as Harry's eyes locked on me. I mentally begged him not to do anything stupid to embarrass me.

"Hey, babe" I tensed at the nickname and Harry kissed my cheek. "Sorry I'm late"

"Late?" I cut my eyes at him.

"Yea, you told me about dinner and I didn't think I could make it, but plans changed" he raised his brow.

"Right" I forced a smile. He would never hear the end of this.

"Sit down, babe" he held the back of my chair.

I didn't say anything as I took my seat again. Harry pulled the chair out next to me and I chewed my bottom lip. This could not end well. Aidan climbed onto Harry's lap and an uncomfortable silence set on the table.

"So where's your girlfriend?" Harry focused in on Jonah and I felt a lump form in my throat. He was going to think I was lying, great.

"She's sick. I tried to get her to come but she didn't know if she was contagious. With your little one it's probably for the best"

"How considerate" Harry turned to me and I avoided his gaze. "So what did I miss?"

"Well your wife is by far the most talented director under my wing right now. Our producer Sid is so impressed he wants to take her to California at the end of the month"

"California? Charlie loves Cali. It was her dream to move there at one point. That was before we happened though. In fact it was nine months after our trip there that this one made his entrance into the world" Harry reached for my hand and I knew he wasn't being genuine. He just wanted to make a point to Jonah.

"Well her dream could still be realized. If the producers like her as much as we do; Charlie could become the next in demand director" Jonah raised his glass and smiled.

"I doubt I'll be that impressive"

"Don't down play your talent, babe" Harry squeezed my hand. "I doubt California is a realistic option anymore though. Wouldn't you agree?"

"It's not out of the question" I forced another fake smile between us.

"Hm guess we have something to talk about then" Harrys jaw tensed.

"After dinner, okay?" I slipped my hand out from his hold and noticed Jonah eyeing us.

"I hope I haven't upset anyone. I just want Charlie to know all of her options" he offered a friendly smile to Harry and then me.

"Thank you, Jonah. And thank you for this week. I've learned so much already"

"Daddy, can I go home?"

"Yea buddy, we will go soon, okay?"

"Can you come with us?"

I felt my cheeks heat and the uncomfortable silence was back.

"Of course" Harry promised and looked at me. I wasn't going to object in front of Jonah, so I just nodded.

"Ready to order?" The waitress came back saving us from any further awkwardness and we all placed our orders.

By the time the food came, Aidan was asleep in Harry's arms. We continued to make small talk and thankfully Harry didn't really say or ask anything else, making dinner a lot less stressful than I expected; after he crashed it.