Chapter 26

Harrys pov

"Styles, wake up!"

"Hm?"

"Your alarm has been going off for twenty minutes. Lea is about to kill you. Why do you have to be up so early anyways?"

I sat up and quickly remembered I was at Zayn's place. My head was killing me. I'm sure it had something to do with the half bottle of fireball I was talked into downing when Louis showed up last night. I scanned the room and saw him cocooned in a comforter on the floor. I was still in my clothes from last night and Zayn was talking to me from the door of his bedroom a few feet away.

"I have to meet Charlie to pick up Aidan at 8:30"

"You know it's 8:15 right?"

"What?" I grabbed my phone and there were 3 missed calls from Char. I immediately tried to call her back. It rang several times and I didn't think she was going to answer.

"I've already called my mom"

"What? Wait, I over slept i'm on my way now"

"Don't worry about it, Harry. My mom is 10 minutes away and I now have a meeting at 8:45"

"Charlie I'm on my way. Tell your mom not to come"

"No. It's 8:20. You don't even sound awake. There's no way you will make it in time and I can't be late. If you want to call my mom and meet up with her, that's fine. She's almost here though"

"Fuck. Have you told her?" The last thing I felt like doing was getting a speech from Charlie's parents.

"They know we are having problems. I've not had a chance to tell them about the divorce"

"Okay, can we just hold off on announcing that to everyone?"

"Harry, I have to go"

"Wait! Is that a yes? I don't want to be caught off guard if your mom chews me out"

"You know what Harry. Remember when you said you wished I cared about us as much as I cared about our friends? Well I wish you cared about being here to pick up our son on time as you do about what everyone else is going to think of our failing marriage. I have to go"

The call ended and I pulled the phone away staring at the screen.

"That didn't sound like it went well"

"Not at all. Thanks for letting me crash. I have to go get Aidan though"

"Anytime. You know you can stay here as long as you need too"

"Thanks mate. I plan to be out of your way next week. I'm gonna find a place on Monday hopefully"

"Well, no rush. Just take him with you when you go. He snores louder than me" he eyed Louis on the floor. Less than a second later a tattooed arm was in the air and his middle finger pointed in Zayn's direction.

"Fuck you, Zayn. Remember who brings the good weed"

"Hey! Shut the fuck up. Lea thinks I quit"
Zayn looked behind him to make sure she was still sleeping before stepping fully into the living room and shutting the door behind him.

"Don't keep secrets from her, mate. I'm living proof that, that does not go well, at all" I pulled the band out of my hair before running my fingers through it and returning it to the previous bun.

They were both silent and I sighed leaning back on the couch. This day was already off to a shitty start.

~

Charlie POV

"Yes! That's perfect! Jonah where have you been keeping her? She's a genius"

I knew my cheeks were probably red. The producers had loved every idea I was throwing out and we had only been in the meeting for an hour.