Chapter Twenty Eight:

Karma
September 4
3:00 pm

"Girl I just flipped" London told me as she shook her head, on FaceTime with me

"For what though? What she said?"

"That bitch tried to talk down on me as a mother and that shit ain cool. No, ion have custody of my daughter but she don't know what the fuck happened and why I do t have her so for her to bring that up was lame as fuck all cause you feel some type of way that me and my babydaddy was cool again?"

"You talk to him yet?"

"No! And he ain got shit to say to me unless it concerns Azaria. He gone just sit there and let her talk shit about me as a mother and not once did I EVER let nobody say shit about him at all out of respect because he's my daughters father"

I sighed and scratched my head

"That's really fucked up.. well my bad, i didn't know that was you calling that early in the morning"

"No you good. I needa apologize cause I wasn't thinking and you was the only number I knew by heart"

"You good.. ima call you later, I gotta get back to Hendrix"

"Alright"

I hung up the phone and put it on do not disturb before leaving out of the room leaving my phone on the bed. I really didn't have time for none of the extra stuff right now. Hendrix was already more than enough to deal with physically, mentally and emotionally.

As I made it back into the living room my eyes laid on Lani as she texted on the phone while Hendrix slept on the little pillow beside her

"Benji aint came back yet?"

"No"

"Kay, you hungry?" Ma asked as she walked in the living room. I just shook my head and sat down

"I'm good"

"You good?" Lani repeated as she looked at me "You ain ate all day"

"I'm just not hungry."

"You gotta eat something babygirl. You gone seriously hurt yourself"

"I'll be fine" I mumbled as I laid my head back

"Go take a nap or something, we got him"

"That's nice and all but I can't. Plus I gotta go pump anyways"

"So you sticking to breast milk?" Ma asked and I shrugged

"I guess for right now until I talk to his doctor about what kind of formula I can give him cause this pumping really hurts"

All of our attention went to the tv as the news still talked about shandell. Apparently there was an investigation going on and nobody wanted to cooperate with the police so it was just about to turn into a cold case

"As sad as this sounds, I knew some was gone happen to shandell" Lani said out loud and ma looked at her

"You knew that girl?"

"Yeah. And all she was known for was drama. Same with her brother that got killed a couple months ago"

Ma shook her head "see, that's why I'm glad you picked your friends wisely kay. All these young people getting killed because they wanna be down"

"I wish I would've picked my babydaddy wisely too" I told her and they looked at me some type of way

"What?"

"Why would you say that?"

"Because! He always lying" I fussed while I stood up "if he said he was gone be back in 30 minutes that's how long it should take for him to do what he gotta do and come back! It's been going on 2 hours"