Chapter Fourteen:

Nunu
March 24
1:00 pm

"Bout time you invite a nigga over" Benji told me as he walked into the apartment, closing the door behind him. I sucked my teeth while putting the broom up

"That's yo fault. You kept saying you was gone come over and dont"

"A nigga been busy"

"I can tell. I see you bout to have a baby. Congratulations pops"

Benji laughed a little while he went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge

"Thank you lil nigga"

"Y'all found out what it is yet?"

"A boy" he answered while grabbing the 2 liter soda out and grabbed a plastic cup from the pack, pouring himself some "this lil nigga gone be bad as shit, watch"

"Especially if it's your son. I already know you happy, how karma feel about it?"

"She still swear she'on know how she got pregnant"

I laughed and shook my head while Benji put the soda back, grabbed his cup and walked back to the living room to sit on the couch then started talking again

"But she straight tho. I think her ass just got a lot going on with her graduation coming up, she got her lil hustle going on and other shit. I be tryina keep her ass stress free"

"Awe, you really do care about her"

"Of course, that's my baby... I should've called yo ass on that bitch the other day"

"On who?"

"Shandell. Her and Kay got into it cause she scratched Kay car up with a car door and gone tell my girl she gone beat her ass and make her have a miscarriage"

"What?" I frowned my face up. Even I wouldn't have stooped that damn low, but shandell always been that type of person so I'm kinda not surprised "Whatchu did?"

"I called Bri to handle that bitch. Bri beat her ass too but now her and her weak ass brother talkin bout they gone put money on my head. Yeah, let em go head and do that"

"Don't pay them no attention Benji, you know how they are. Besides, you got important shit to worry about nigga"

"I ain worried bout that. That's why I had moved and been laying low but niggas always tryina find a problem"

"Where she started now?"

"Oh she with her momma, Lani, my momma and serenity"

"All of them together?"

Benji nodded before drinking out of the cup "they went baby shopping out they where she used to live. Her momma already buying hella shit"

"She a only child, ain it?"

"Hell yeah"

"Yeah this baby about to be spoiled"

Benji laughed and shook his head while sitting up and turned around to look out the window "I gotta make sure dont nobody touch my shit."

"I stay on the good end of these apartments. The other side so fucking ghetto"

"I thought yo ass liked that ghetto shit"

I shook my head "when I tell you I been staying to myself Benji.. all I do is work and come home. Ion talk to nobody but Alicia and ion go nowhere"

"Yo ass need some friends. GOOD friends, not them baldheaded bitches you used to fuck with"

"I think I'm good off that honestly. Shandell and them rubbed me the wrong way"