The Grand Magician & The Neglected Princess

...

It has been 6 years since Athanasia time-travelling. Lots of things happens in the past, well, positive. Claude have favored Athanasia to the point that no one dares to displease Athanasia. They have gone to every single event together. Now it's a rare scene to see any of them going alone.  It's a few months before Athanasia birthday and debutane. Everyone are so excited for her debutane, it means that the Princess will offcially enter high-society and becomes its new queen. But surprisingly, Athanasia wasn't excited for it, rather, she's hoping it won't come.

A big, personal library that Claude have granted for Athanasia. It was filled with books, all kind of genres and titles. The shelfs were made out of high-quality woods, the Princess wander around the library and look for a romance novel to read, "...There's 3 months till' my debutane... Gosh, why does it have to come this quick?!" Athanasia throw the book harshly on the floor, her face was all red. Luckily, no one were at the scene, or they would've seen their kind and elegant Princess throwing a tantrum. The image that Athanasia have built for years was an innocent, kind, mature and elegant Princess like a fairytale. She has captured the liking of the servants and even her lowly people, the commoners. 

The debutane and the events after her debut will be the first step to capture the heart of the nobility. In order to have them supporting her in the future, instead of Jeanette. But her debutane has another side, Jeanette will appear infront of Claude, and... possibly take his liking on her. That's the thing she was afraid of. 

It's not like it's jealousy, she needed Claude support and love to gain more authority. Or the authority will go to Jeanette. All her hard-working years will all be in vain, and it's not like Athanasia will stand by and watch it happens. Never. Her previous life was ruined by that brat, but not this life, not anymore. She'll be the one who leads this story, not Jeanette and Claude!! 

Athanasia quickly put on her calm face mask back, picking up the novel that she has thrown. The title suddenly attract Athanasia, "The Grand Magician & the Neglected Princess". The story was very odd, oddly realistic. The story Princess name was Athanasia and the Grand Magician name was Lucas. 

"The Neglected Princess was unfairly treated by her father, the Emperor. Because she was the reason why his love one died, her mother. Her rightful position got taken away by her half-sister, Jeanette." Athanasia frowned, click her tongue that continute reading, "The Neglected Princess and her half-sister were friendly and close, after all, they shares the same father and blood. Later, the Neglected Princess got accused that she poisoned her half-sister. Even though the real culprit was the one who accused her, the half-sister aunt." Shocked with what the book was written, Athanasia finds a her seat by a window, seating down on the floor.

"The Princess soon got throw into the underground prison and was severely harmed by the guards who adored the half-sister and believe the accusation. The Princess was so upset because no one believe her. Her nanny got killed because she stands up for her. The servants were too scared to protect her, so they turned a blind eye. She was hoping every single time, that her lover, the Grand Magician will come back early from his journey to another kingdom." Athanasia reads it carefully, memorizing every details that it was written, "Unfortunately, her execution happens before the Magician could comeback. Her body was thrown to the forest behind her shady Palace, leaving for the wild animals to come and eat. However, the Magician got back and protect her body. He cries loudly on her pale, cold dead body, swearing that he will take revenge for her, no matter how it cost."

The story got quite, dramatic and strange, "The Magician confront the Emperor, who killed his own flesh because of a unchecked accusation. He told the Emperor everything, the darkest secrets that was hidden. ' Your Majesty, princess Jeanette isn't your child. She's the previous Emperor daughter and your previous fiance. Princess Athanasia was accused by Countess Rosalia.' " Leaving Athanasia mouth opens, it didn't just only mentioned Countess Rosalia, who was actually Jeanette aunt. The novel mentioned Claude ex-fiance, Penelope Judith and his brother the previous Emperor, Anastacius de Alger Obelia. The events are unbelievable but it makes so much senses. On how Jeanette didn't look similar to Claude, at all! 

"The Emperor got so angry, not on the Magician, but on princess Jeanette. He order the guards to capture her and throw her in prison and order to publish the secrets behind princess Jeanette. To get the justice that princess Athanasia deserved. He begged the Magician to give him her body back, his only daughter. But the Magician refuse, saying that he was the one who ordered the guards to did these terrible things with her and he has no right to take her body back. The Magician left, leaving despairs for the Emperor." 

The story ended, and Athanasia still couldn't believe what she just read, this could be wrong, but she has more informations than ever! If the story events were all true, now in Athanasia hands is the secrets that Jeanette herself don't know about!! This will definitely help her a lot in surviving, but if the characters and events are all true.. Is the Grand Magician Lucas also exist? The one that will save her and take revenge for her if she can't... Couldn't be right? If he existed, he would've saved her--

Wait... What if that black figure in her past life wasn't the woman but him? The figure that appeared in her bedroom 6 years ago!! It makes too much senses... But the woman, she messed up everything, all of her theories. "Ugh, thinking about this will make my head explode. I better head off." Taking the book with her, Athanasia left the library, heading back to the Emerald Palace, wondering who wrote this book. The book has no author name, only the publisher name.

**

On her way back, she walked across Claude garden and accidently met Roger Alpheus, the man that's raising Jeanette and introduce her to Claude. "I humbly greet Princess Athanasia." He bow his head, showing respects for the princess infront of him. "You can raise. What business brought you here today?" Asking with a bright and naive smile, acting like she know nothing. "I had an audience with his Majesty, we have a conversation about taxes. I was advising him, dear princess."

Yea yeah, advising my ass. He was definitely just being a sly fox there, trying his best to please Claude and get a better position. "Oh my, how amazing. I believe the Emperor gonna take your advises into account." Athanasia says with a big smile on her face. Roger seems to be surprised, he didn't thought the Princess was this friendly, he sneakers and asked, "...I happened to have a niece that is the same age as you, she wished to be your friend. Actually she's here today, she's coming back any moment now." 

?!???

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Yayayay time-skip is here╰(*°▽°*)╯I liked how I wrote  the book lol...  Might make a whole different story for it since I actually enjoyed writing it. But finally got a chance to mention Lucas more :D I only mentioned him, yk, later after Athy got a hang of Claude (because that's how the OG story was too).

But how will Jeanette react when she meet Athanasia? How will the conversation go? Or will Athanasia finds an excuse to avoid Jeanette? Find out in the next chapter(●'◡'●)