An interesing Offer

A peacefully morning with the chirpy sounds of the beautiful blue birds and the scents of flowers fills up the Emerald Palace. The most beautiful and extravagant room out of all rooms were quickly decorated for the Princess for her over-night sudden stay. The maids were busy from the early morning, even before the Princess woke up.

Athanasia dips herself in the fluffy and big bed, it was a queen-size bed. Woke up by the sounds of the blue birds, Athanasia founds herself in a strange and unfamiliar bedroom. "..Eh? W,where am I?!?" With a single glance, Athanasia can already know that this isn't the Ruby Palace, due to its well-maintained situation and expensive decorations that the Ruby Palace could never afford. 

Scared and paralyzed by the sudden change, Athanasia started to give out questions for herself, "How am I here? No one's can be here without the Emperor permission... Was he the one who brought me here? Why? Arghhhhh--- What the hell?! Can't he just ignore me!! Why such sudden cares!!!..." Quite for a while, Athanasia carelessly say, Damn.

A bunch of servants, maids in short started to attend the room and greet Athanasia, "We humbly greet the Princess, I am Sarah, the maid in charge of your stay." The amount and words just made Athanasia shock and couldn't do anything, but she decided to go along with it, for now. The maids took care of her and get ready for her, pink with white laces and ruffles, and bows which tied her hair to two ponytails. Athanasia look like the Princess that you've heard in a fairytale, adorable with blonde hair, her cheerful energy. 

Too bad, Athanasia looks may match it but her personality don't. The maids praised her but she didn't have time to care, she give them a unnatural smile and then Sarah and 2 other maids leads her to the the place where she'll have her breakfast with her father, Claude. The hallway is oddly empty, probably because there's no visitors from the past times. There hasn't been any princesses living here from a long time ago, the Grand Dukes daughters have their own manors, so there's no use for this extravagant place, it's not like Athanasia have permission to live here neither.

The Emerald Palace only welcome their new owner when Jeanette have been granted this Palace, before then, there's no owner of this Palace. Portraits of the previous owners of this place is well-kept and very beautiful, "Woah, they're all so beautiful, I guess my genes are also from them?.... I wonder how it will be like to have my portrait hanging here, Jeanette did have one here too..." Like a small child, ideas and thoughts took over Athanasia mind, if she wasn't the neglected Princess, she would have her own bedroom here in the home of Princesses from the very beginning..

Arriving at the greenhouse of the Emerald Palace, the 2 other maids stayed by the entrance, leaving Sarah and Athanasia alone. Alone with the unfamiliar maid, Athanasia couldn't find a topic to talk with the maid, so she decided to stay silent. The greenhouse was filled with rare and unique flowers, and even trees from the East. This has to be the most beautiful greenhouse out of the Empire, its population was definitely isn't just mouth-talking.

Found Claude sitting in a white decorated table with his pure white robes in Sidonna style with a indifferent face. Already annoyed by his presence, Athanasia lets out her uncomfortableness. She greet Claude and sit on the chair with Felix help, "Ah, whatever, Felix presence is a bit relaxing..." After being friends with the friendly Felix, Athanasia enjoys every single time when she meet him, it was like meeting a friend that works for your enemy. 

"Have you rest comfortably in the Emerald Palace?"

"Yes, indeed. But may I ask why I was there, your Majesty?"

"...I payed the Ruby Palace a visit and saw you freezing in that cold room. I'm not that terrible to leave my own children to death." With tensing gaze, Claude made an eye contact with Athanasia, but she avoids it by putting a mushroom to her mouth. "Bullsh*t. Then who the hell sentenced me to death huh? The previous Emperor or what?" Keeping those insult to herself, Athanasia peacefully eat her breakfast and not forgetting to thank Claude for his 'kindness' that he never showed to Athanasia before.

Not sharing the same topics, the breakfast went slowly without a word, leaving the tense atmosphere behind. After the dishes being take away, Claude finally opens his mouth and gives out a interesting offer, "You've been living in the Ruby Palace from the moment you was born, correct?"

Unsure by his intentions, Athanasia decided to go with the flows, "Yes, why?"

"It's a Palace for the concubine of the Emperor, I'm sure you're aware of that. For a Princess to live in that place, it's a dishonor for herself and for the Royal family." Spouting words like crazy, Claude has sure messed with Athanasia mind. 

"Please point out the point." Impatient with his words, Athanasia lets out her cold gaze, making an eye contact.

"What I'm trying to say is, why don't you come and live in the Emerald Palace? The home of Princesses."

"The Emerald Palace...??" 

"Yes. And what is your answer? Just to make it clear, living in the Ruby Palace is digging a hole for your honor." Claude is for sure threating Athanasia, but for what? Threating her to accept the suggestion? Thinking for a while, Athanasia finally let Claude know her answer.

"I...."

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

And that's the cliffhanger (Omg i love cliffhangers) But sorry for this super short chapter (like what? under 1000 words???) School drains my energy out, like seriously A LOTS. But I had this cool idea for the time-skip, but it will take a while.

But what do you think? What will be Athanasia answer? Will she accept? Or will she refuse? Leave down your guesses! ;o;