14

Kurapika POV

"Hurry up and eat, we have to leave for the tailor in thirty minutes!" Melody handed me a coffee, headache medicine, and and a bagel. I slumped over the counter.

"Why did I drink so much wineee~" I groaned as I sipped my coffee. Melody giggled.

"Actually, I drank more than you did. You were too busy staring at the stripper to notice. You just can't handle alcohol." She said in a teasing way. She was already dressed and ready for the day in her regular every day clothes, of course she'd probably change for the wedding. I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"I wasn't staring, I was just admiring his-" My face twisted into utter horror when I realized what I had done.

I called Leorio, "Lance" this morning.

Shit shit shit shit!

"You look pale Kurapika, are you alright?" Melody studied my features, I quickly plastered a smile.

"Yeah! I'm fine! Just some pre-wedding nerves! I'm going to go get dressed." I speedily locked myself into the bedroom and started to call Leorio.

Should I do this?

It's not a big deal, he did the same thing last night.

Right?

I heard the call connect.

"Pika! Do you need something? Did you forget to pack you-"

"I'm fine Leorio. I j-just wanted to ask-"

Spit it out!

"-are you excited to get married to me?"

Eh, not the question I had in mind but this'll do.

"Are you seriously asking me that? Of course I am! I'm so excited to see you look so pretty! Then tonight after I get to see what's so pretty underneath~"

"You shameless pervert. I'm hanging up."

"No no no! It was a joke! Haha!"

"I'm sure."

"It's true though! Tonight and a week after we will be all alone on our honeymoon! No responsibilities, no phone calls, nothing! That means I get you all to myself."

My stomach exploded with butterflies.

Leorio and I all alone?

For a week?

I melted onto the bed with a stupid grin on my face.

"Ah, well. I should get going. I have to get fitted. I can't wait to see you!" I smiled at my phone. I could hear him chuckle.

"I love you Kurapika. I really really do."

My eyes welled up with tears.

"I love you to Leorio."

The connection ended.

And I started crying.

Never have I ever been treated so kindly by anyone since the day my brethren were so wrongfully murdered. Leorio was the only person who got to see me so vulnerable and small, and yet he still loved me. No matter how many hardships I have dragged in through in the time that we had been dating, he still loved me unconditionally through it all.

I just want you to see yourself the way I see you!

I bought it after our first kiss, I knew then that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.

You're so pretty, Pika.

The memories played and replayed dozens of times in my head as I laid there on Melody's bed, relishing in the feeling of his warmth and kindness.

When he said he loved me, he meant it.

Every single time.

"KURAPIKA WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING IN THERE!?" Melody knocked on the door causing me to snap back into reality.

"I-I fell asleep!"

I was never good at making excuses.

"Well cmon! We are going to be late!" I could hear her footsteps heading to the front door. I quickly got into my pants.

Lucky ame, now I get to stand for two hours.

Happy wedding day to Kurapika.