8

(One week before the wedding)
Leorio POV

"Babe please unlock the door!" I begged through the bathroom door. Killua and Gon had left a couple days ago to go visit Mito and would all be returning together along with Alluka on the night before the wedding. Kurapika and I were now trying to figure out what honeymoon trip we wanted to go on but Kurapika had locked himself into the bathroom.

He was throwing up.

"I c-can't! I refu-refuse to let you see m-me like this~" He choked out through gags before throwing up again. Last night we had sushi and I guess it wasn't sitting well with him.

"Pika! Sweetheart! I don't care how bad you look!"

"I wasn't talking about how I look bad! You think I l-look bad~" Another gag.

"No no no that's definitely NOT what I meant! Open the door!" I pleaded with him. I finally heard the toilet flush and the lock being messed with. Kurapika soon opened the door.

"I'm never eating fish again." He muttered and walked towards the bed. I followed after him, very very worried.

"Let me check your temperature, you need to eat again soon so you don't get hungry, are you feeling sick again, maybe we should set you up a bed in the bathroom just in case-"

"Leorio."

"Hm?"

"I'm fine." He smiled at me, patting the space him on the bed. I frowned. He always said "I'm fine" when he's not actually fine. He is hiding something. I can feel it.

With a frown a sat down next to him. I did not take my eyes off his face. He matched my intensity with an equally hardcore stare. My eyes began to water from keeping them open.

"Alright, alright, you win! Geez!" I playfully punched his shoulder and laid back down on the bed. Kurapika giggled and rested his head on my chest. The rest of his body now on top of me.

"Hey Pika?"

"Yes?"

"How have...you been feeling lately? We haven't done a wellness checkup in a while and I just want to make sure everything is ok." I started to run my fingers through his hair. Kurapika grew silent.

"Everything's fine. Physically I am fine I mean. I- I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit...uneasy." His voice was soft and polite, I nodded and pulled him up closer to me so his chin was now over my shoulder. At least he was being honest with me.

"Well that's somewhat reassuring. Do you mind telling me what's making you feel that way? I won't judge." I kept my voice equally soft as his. Now wasn't the time for me to baby him. Kurapika is an adult with adult issues. I would be insulting him if I made him feel small right now.

"Well...I'm scared Leorio." He tightened his grip on me, burying himself deeper into my shirt. I began drawing small circles on his back.

"What are you scared of?"

"I- I can't tell you."

"Yes you can, you can tell me anything."

He took a deep breathe.

"I'm scared to marry you."

Oh ouch.

Ow ow ow ow owww~

"I- I see." I loosened my hold on him, a thousand hot knives have just been stabbed into my chest. Tears brimmed my eyelids. I kept my face hidden from him for it was twisted up in pain.

"Leorio?" He whispered, starting to lean back to meet my face. I quickly forced him back into my shoulder. I won't let him see me like this. He should be able to tell me what he's feeling without the guilt.