1

Kurapika POV

I'm getting married.

I'm twenty years old.

And I'm marrying my boyfriend.

It was dark in the apartment bedroom. Gon and Killua could be heard from the other room snoring loudly. Leorio was asleep on my stomach, his fingers intertwined with mine, my other hand stroking his head.

It had been two days after he had proposed to me and trust me, it has been the happiest day of my life but...

What if I'm not ready?

I'm twenty years old and work for the mafia. Do I have any right to be marrying a doctor with big goals? Does he even deserve to have to stress over me like that?

Could he handle it?

I sighed and let go of Leorio, replacing my body with a pillow. He whimpered.

"Where are y-you going~?" He asked groggily, opening one eye.

"I'm going to the restroom, go back to sleep ok?" I leaned down and kissed his forehead, he smiled and closed his eyes again.

I wasn't actually going to the restroom.

But he would be back asleep any second now.

I quietly crept out of the room and into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of wine with no glass.

I'm feeling risky tonight.

Taking the bottle and a blanket from the couch, I left the apartment, making my way up to the roof.

I'm not having cold feet but...is marriage even right for me? I mean, a large majority of my recent life I've spent alone. In total I haven't spent more than a month in person with Leorio since we've started dating. Everything else has been through the phone and that doesn't even count, especially the times I never answered.

Sure I saw him on the Black Whale but we hardly did anything there.

This is just feeling really rushed.

I sat down on the edge of the roof and taking a big swallow of wine. It wasn't even the good kind, just the lousy cheap kind for drinking sprees like this.

And now I'm slipping back into bad habits.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy where I'm at, especially with him! But will he be happy with me?

My job is scary.

Really scary.

What if the stress was too much for him and he decided to leave me? I can't handle that.

The sun was coming up now.

Damn I've been out here a while.

The wine bottle was already empty too.

I'm drunk and on the roof and it's cold out. Leorio is going to kill me.

Or cuddle me.

Let's hope he cuddles me.

I sat there quietly for a while, holding the blanket around my body as I watched the sun go up. The clouds looked like pretty puffs of cotton candy.

I hiccuped.

I'm so dead.

Pulling out my phone I dialed his number. I'd rather him know where I was then worry himself half to death before I passed out from drunkenness.

"Hello~?" He answered the phone after a couple rings, I must've woken him up, guarantee he probably has no idea who he is talking to at the moment.

"Hey just so you don't get~ hic~ worried, I'm on the roof."

Well that doesn't sound awful at all.

"ROOF?! ARE YOU DRUNK TOO?!" He began screaming at me through the phone, I laughed drunkenly and hung up. There was no point in listening to his lecture now because I'd just get it again in twenty seconds.

Fifteen.

Ten.

Five.

"KURAPIKA KURTA PALADIKNIGHT JUST WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

Aww he wants to kiss me!

"Hai~" I let my body relax as I fell back onto the concrete roof, my head tilted so I could see him properly.

Oh good he put on pants.

"ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! YOU REALLY ARE STUPID AREN'T YOU?!" He began pacing and pointing his finger at me angrily, yelling at the top of his lungs.

I smiled and watched him, hiccuping occasionally.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" He stopped and stared at me. His face was red and twisted with anger. I giggled and stretched my arms out for him.

"Up!" I squealed and kicked my legs happily. He loves me so much.

Leorio groaned and walked towards me, scooping me up into his hold and squeezing me tight to him.

"You finished this whole bottle huh?" His voice had softened while he wrapped me up in the blanket, his hand resting on my stomach. I nodded.

"Can you please explain to me why you are up here?" He sat down criss crossed and sitting me in his lap like a bird in a nest, his body shielding me from the cold wind.

"I was~ hic~ stressed."

I may be drunk, but not enough to tell him what I was stressed about.

He rubbed his temples and sighed, a long and irritated sigh.

"No more of this, ok? You're going back to bed now. It's too cold to be out here especially in what you're wearing. You're most likely sick by now." He lifted up my shirt exposing the fact that I didn't have pants on. I blushed and shoved my legs together.

With a heavy sigh, he stood up and carried me inside. I rested my head on his shoulder ashamedly. I felt like a small child being scolded by their parent. He was good at making me feel guilty.

"Now I have to check your temperature and get you in the bath and cough medicine and blankets and soup~" He grumbled to himself as he rubbed my bottom. I tightened my hold on him, I was so tired.

Once we made it into the bedroom he shut the door behind him and began undressing me, still muttering to himself about how he had to set up the thermometer.

"Sorry." I muttered as he put me in the bathtub, starting the water as I was in it. He nodded at me.

"You better be, you gave me a heart attack you asshole." He felt the water temperature, deeming it suitable, before stand up and opening his cabinets. He searched through the piles of junk he had in there, finally finding a thermometer.

"Open wide, I'm sticking this in your mouth." He pointed it at me. I clamped my jaw shut and shook my head no.

If he took my temperature and I had a fever he would only be more upset.

"Kurapika, open your mouth or I'll have to take your temperature through your rectum." He crossed his arms.

The thought of Leorio holding me over his knee with a thermometer up my ass was enough to make me open wide.

"Good. I was not in the mood to deal with that." He placed the thermometer in my mouth. His words were so harsh along with his tone, with my drunken and sleepy state it was enough to send me over the edge.

The moment the thermometer beeped I began to cry.