7

Kurapika POV

Melody and I continued our shopping after that, buying shoes, hair accessories, makeup, and anything else you could think of that I would need.

The outfit fit and...was very expensive. Melody went ahead and bought it for me, claiming it to be a wedding gift. It was really sweet of her to do that considering the price.

"It's getting late, I need to be heading back soon. Will you be alright getting home on your own?" Melody asked me, looking up from her watch. I laughed.

"Of course I can!" I rolled my eyes at her, she giggled. "Thank you for everything today...I truly appreciate your friendship."

She grinned, wrapped her arms around my waist. I let out a satisfied sigh before letting go. We eventually said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

It was getting dark out and the streets became less and less crowded as I walked back to the apartment, I was maybe twenty minutes away?

"Hey sugar."

Make that twenty five minutes.

"Go away. I want nothing to do with the likes of you." I huffed at the obviously drunk man. I continued walking forward. He probably mistakes me for a woman since I was carrying shopping bags and my clothes were mostly gender neutral.

"No no I just wanna talk to ya sweetheart." The man began to follow me. I groaned.

I'm not scared of this creep, he can't do anything to me since I could literally kick his ass in a matter of seconds but I was too tired to want to waste any more of my energy on this loser.

Imagine how Leorio would react to hearing someone else other than him call me sweetheart.

I giggled at the thought.

"What's so funny? You think you're better than me?" The guy waved a shaky finger at me as his voice became more dangerous. I stopped walking.

"I do. I do think I'm better than you. You are scum." I started walking again, the man's footsteps behind me had finally stopped.

Thank goodne-

"ARRGHHH!"

I quickly turned around to see the man charging at me, holding a broken beer bottle in one hand pointed straight at my head. I sighed.

The second he got close to me I grabbed his arm and flipped him onto the ground. Once his face was pressed against the ground I shoved my shoe onto his head.

"I told you to go away."

With that and a kick to the head I started walking back home again without the nuisance following me. I was going to be late and Leorio would be mad and then I would have to tell him about my encounter.

And then he would be more mad.

Ughhh.

I rubbed my head and trudged on. My feet ached from walking for so long. My flats are made for efficiency not comfort.

So I took them off.

And put my hair into a ponytail.

It was muggy out so I also tucked in my shirt into my jean shorts.

That guy really screwed up my mood.

Finally after another fifteen minutes of walking I showed up at Leorio's apartment looking like I just went through hell. Sweat poured from my face and my hair was sticking out of my ponytail in every direction. With no shoes on and tucked in shirt I almost looked homeless.

Killua burst out laughing the moment I walked through the door.

"You look like you got beat up!" Gon giggled. I tossed the shopping bags onto the floor before collapsing onto my stomach on the couch.

"Actually I was the one doing the 'beating up' part." I closed my eyes, sighing in relief as to be resting after a long day of walking about.

"You beat someone up?!" Killua gasped. Leorio poked his head out of the bedroom angrily.

"YOU WHAT?!"

I rubbed my temples.

"It was just some drunk guy being cocky, it's not like I punched him in the face or anything." I held out my hand for Leorio to bring me a drink. Leorio just stood there with his arms crossed and brows furrowed.

"And what was he being cocky about?" He rapped his foot. Killua and Gon held in their giggles.

This was testing my very limited patience.

Why not have some fun with it?

"Oh yea he kept going on and on about how pretty I was! I was so flattered I had to kick him in the face just so I'd stop blushing!" I spoke in a high pitch girly voice while batting my eyelashes.

Leorio was not amused.

"Where is this creep?? I would love to give him a piece of my mind!" He stomped towards the door. I stood up and tripped him before he had the chance to open it.

"He's already dealt with, geez you act like I can't do anything." I made my way into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water, taking my hair out of its messy ponytail.

"What did you buy Kurapika?" Gon asked me as he got onto the couch, Killua followed behind him.

"Can't tell you while he's in the room." Gesturing to Leorio. "And please keep that video game quiet, I'm going to sleep."

And without another word I went into the bedroom and shut the door behind me.

Only for Leorio to open it again.

"You look terrible." He muttered as he ran his hands along my sides. I took off my shirt and looked up at him.

"I'm exhausted, so keep your hands away from my pants." I got onto my tiptoes to kiss his nose. Leorio decided to kiss somewhere else.

I could feel his lips pressing against my neck. Then my shoulder, and down my back. I melted into him, my tired self submitting to the warm comfort of his lips.

"Just rest, I'm not going anywhere soon." He whispered and guided me to the bed. By this point my words were incomprehensible because of how slurred they were. I was beyond exhausted.

Once I was laid down on the bed Leorio took off my shorts, kissing down my thighs and on my calfs. I whined at the feeling of being almost naked. Leorio cooed.

"Shh just go to sleep, I've got you." I felt his chest press against mine and his arms wrap around me. His soft breathing and warm body soon pulled me into sleep.