-38-

Not edited. Short again :)

The boredom was killing her. Days had turned into weeks in this god foresaken place. White walls, white ceiling, white linen... UGH! Didn't anyone have a clue when it came to colours?

She'd read everything that had been left for her as well as the magazines from what she was sure was thirty uears ago that she'd found in one of the hospital waiting rooms. What exactly was the deal with that? Were magazines kept for years just to show what life used to be like before people got sick? Didn't make any sense at all to her.

The only redeeming quality this place had was the medical expertise that had saved her daughter.

Her daughter.

In one breath it felt so right to claim her just as her own but she knew that in another breath she had a father as well. She felt confused about the whole thing.

He'd been a perfect father to Claire. Jumping to attention every time she made a sound and cradling her when she refused to settle. He was the epiphany of a dotting father.

She knew his reasons behind his decision to never have children but seeing him with Claire she knew that it was the fear of death rather than fatherhood itself that scared him the most.

She had so many questions that she needed answers to. Would he be able to accept that she needed them before she could make any kind of decisions?

It was the question of their relationship that had her confused the most. His actions over the past weeks had shown just how much he really cared about her but that was her exact problem.

If he cared so much then why did he do the things that he did? Why did he destroy her life? What possible reason could have stopped him from taking a test that would prove that she hadn't cheated on him? Those words he said echoed in her head.

Who did you fuck?

How could she ever forgive those words... and after everything that he did.... did she really want to?

"How are the two most beautiful girls in the world today?"

He walked through the door of their room carrying a massive bunch of red and white roses. Just the sight of having some company put a smile on Red's face but the flowers? They were so perfectly beautiful.

"Hey you. I wasn't expecting you yet."

"Well I finished up what I had to do and thought my two favourite girls could use some company."

He walked over to her where she sitting in an armchair between the crib where a sleeping Claire slept and Red's own bed.

"For you milady" he bent down with an oversized swoop as he held the roses out to her.

"Why thank you kind sir!" Then she giggled.

"So what's been happening?" he asked as he lent over the crib and ran his fore finger gently over Claire's cheek.

"Well, we get to leave the hospital in a week or so but we have to stay close by until we get the all clear."

" Hey that's great news! We can order in pizza and pig out on hoardes of icecream to celebrate!"

Red looked at him amused.

"Oh and if I want something else?"

He looked at her as if she'd lost her mind and asked in a mock horrified voice

"It's pizza woman! How could you not want pizza?"

Again she giggled but this time he feigned hurt at her laughing at him.

"OK, OK. We'll have pizza to celebrate."

He fist pumped the air and whisper yelled "YES!"

Then he bent down and hugged her close.

"I knew you'd see things my way."

She couldn't help but laugh at him again as he pulled back with a cheeky grin on his face.

That was the moment when the smiles dropped from both of their faces. He dropped his body down so that he was easily at eye level with her.

They stared at one another for mere seconds before they lent towards each other and their eyes shuttered closed as their mouths connected.

He moved to his knees between her thighs as her arms lifted to encase him around the shoulders. Very gently, although she was healed, he pulled her closer to him as their kiss intensified and he pushed past her lips with his tongue. Her allowing it to happen caused him to groan. He felt like he'd waited forever for this moment and as her hands fisted the back of his hair they battled for dominance with their entwining tongues.

She gave in and let him take the lead, the helm, the direction that their kiss was going in. He was an amazing kisser and she soon found herself completely lost in the moment until Claire started to stir and they pulled back from one another.

Again, as they panted for breath, they stared into each others eyes with intensity. He raised a hand to her face and gently cupped her cheek as she licked her lips and whispered his name.

"Sam."

*********

Please don't kill the author!