-23-

Not edited.

Evening on a farm brought about a spectacular vision the universal kind. A vision that was hampered by the excessive lights of a city. Stars. Millions of stars. Each one sparkling brighter than anything they'd seen before. But with all good things the nightly vision also brought about something that had offerings of slaps and punches before they moved to the safety of the screened verandah.

Mosquitoes. Dirty little blood suckers that buzzed in on an unsuspecting prey and left behind a red welt that drove a person to distraction with the need to scratch incessantly.

Much like the snake in the grass who was after his woman Maxon thought grimly with hardlined lips.

Arsehole.

Just who the fuck did that lowly piece of crap think he is looking at him like he was a piece of shit? The fucker didn't know him. He had no fucking right to pass judgement over anything he did. Yes, he fucked up Red but who gave Sam permission to  decide what he did was wrong?

Arsehole.

Fucking pretty boy with his fucked up blonde hair and boy face. Fuck him.

Arsehole.

Fucking moving in on Red like she was some damn conquest. Fucker would never get Red... ever... while he had any say about it.

Fucking arsehole.

And Claire? Did the low down filth think he was going to let him become a father to his daughter? Not fucking happening.

Fucked up scrawny shit faced arsehole!

"I don't know who the hell you're thinking about Max but I hope to fuck it isn't me!" Lucas came out of the house to join the others in the cool of the night.

"Sam" Maxon said mockingly with clenched fists.

"He's a good man." Grayson piped in.

Death.

Maxon looked at his younger brother and as the old saying goes... If looks could kill... then Grayson would be flat out on the floor.

"He loves Red."

"Oh fuck Grayson. Just stab the knife in why don't you!" Lucas's statement was one of frustration.

Maxon lent back in his chair and breathed deeply in a failing attempt to calm down.

"You said you were leaving so why shouldn't Red move on?"

"Fuck Gray!" Damon spluttered while Anna and Ben moved their chairs back at the distinct drop in temperature.

Maxon gripped the arms of his chair with such force that they could all hear the small cracking of wood.

"Sam would look after her... and Claire."

Maxon roared out as one of the arms ripped off in his hand. He threw it behind him with suck force that it went straight through the surrounding screening.

"I'll drop in and see them from time to time. They should be happy together."

Damon and Lucas looked at one another. Both knowing that Maxon would explode at any given moment.

"It'll be good to see my niece regularly."

Maxon took two steps forward.

"Good to see her growing up."

Maxon crossed the floor so quickly that neither Damon nor Lucas could stop him as he grabbed Grayson and reefed him out of his chair.

"Why?" he seethed.

"Why what?" Grayson smirked.

"Why the fuck are you saying these things?"

"Because I can."

Maxon roared out and shoved Grayson back down in his chair.

"Because I can!" Maxon mocked him in a girls voice.

Grayson laughed at him.

"Sit the fuck down Maxon."

"TELL ME WHY?!" Maxon's face was a brilliant shade of crimson.

"Because that's what going to happen!"

Maxon felt more enraged than he'd ever felt before.

"LIKE FUCK IT IS!"

"And why not Max? Huh? You want to walk away from them like they don't exist. Why won't that happen?"

"Because they're MINE! My girlfriend! My daughter! My family!" Maxon screamed at him.

Grayson stood up again and moved past a rigid, harsh breathing Maxon and turned back before going inside to check on his nephew like a good uncle should.

"Then fight for them you dickhead."