Bonus Chapter 2

Not edited. Before their relationship.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Maxon?"

Damon watched as his brother prowled around the outside of their pool. A scowl clearly etched on his face as he fought some internal battle.

"Nothing."

"Bull shit Max." He waved a hand at him "look at you. You can't sit still. You have a filthy expression on your face and you haven't heard anything I've said for the last fifteen minutes. What's going on?"

Maxon ran his hands over his face before walking over to sit back in the desk chair he'd left a short time before.

"I'm screwed."

"How?"

"Fell for one of my students."

Damon hissed out a breath and said "Wow. Are you sure?"

Maxon started to laugh a dark laugh.

"I think I'd know if I fell for someone Dam. I may be an idiot but I'm not a complete fucking idiot."

Damon raised his hands in a gesture of surrender "Woah there brother I was just saying..."

"I know Dam. I know." He stood up again unable to sit still and started to pace back and forth.

"Who is she?"

"Someone fucking perfect. Fucking inbelievable. Sexy, gorgeous, fiesty..." he paused "and I love being with her. She's fucking amazing."

Damon wasn't sure how to take this. For the first time in years Maxon was letting someone into his heart. None of them expected that.

"How old is she?"

"Eighteen" he'd have to be careful how he answered if he didn't want Damon working it out.

"OK so she's an adult. What's stopping you?"

Maxon started laughing and shaking his head.

"Everything! What part of student and eighteen don't you understand? It's fucking illegal for me to date a student and I'm too fucking old for her... I feel like a perv."

"Anna's eighteen. Are you saying that I'm a perv for being with my wife?"

Maxon stopped and looked at him "Hell no. Anna's special. She's... well she's Anna."

Damon laughed "Good to know but you know something Max... I asked myself the same thing."

"What?!"

"Yep. I thought Michael had lost his mind. I met Anna just months before and I tried fucking hard to think of her as a kid... Michael's kid." He shook his head "Didn't work thank fuck. Anna's a lot more mature than most eighteen year olds. Even Red, she acts crazy but with what she went through with Anna, they had no choice but to grow up quick."

Damon wasn't oblivious to the fact that Maxon froze as soon as he said the name 'Red'.

"Still doesn't make any difference Dam. She's still a student."

"Then wait till she finishes and ask her out."

Maxon stopped pacing again and sat back down. It was as if a light had turned on his head... he could do that.

"You'd have to be prepared to lose her though."

"What do you mean?" Maxon sounded shocked.

"Well, she'd be able to date anyone she pleased."

"Like fuck!"

"You have no choice but to accept it Max. If you aren't going to tell her what you feel then be prepared to see her with other men."

"Fucking horny arsed teenage boys you mean?"

Damon nodded seriously "Yep."

Maxon slumped back into his chair "What the fuck do I do Dam?"

"That's your choice brother. In the meantime I'm sure Anna will keep asking her over and you can talk with her here."

Maxon swirled quickly to look at Damon who sat with a wry grin looking at him.

He knew!