-7-

Not edited.

Red got out of her car slowly looking at the cottage in front of her. It was small but immaculately taken care of. The front door was open though covered by a screen,  a small verandah ran the length of the cottage and like the door it was screened in.

A guy who looked like an older version of Jack came to the door with a smile on his face. Red sucked in a breathe; he was gorgeous.

"Hey! Come on in. You're Red right?" she nodded "I'm Sam. I'm the good looking one in the family."

His cheeky grin took her breath away and she stood in a daze. Wow.

Jack came up to her and grabbed her hand "Come on. Let's take a look."

They met Sam at the door as he held it open and held out a hand in greeting. She smiked slowly and took his hand. Warmth.

"Hi, yep I'm Red."

"Real name?"

"Never to be spoken" she replied vehemently.

Sam and Jack both laughed at her vixen face.

"Ok. Red it is." Sam smirked "Let's show you around."

Red followed through the cottage that was completely set up. Sam explaining where switches, linen cupboard and essentials all were and the small intercom system that connected the cottage to the main house. Although it was small there were two bedrooms... it was perfect.

"I can't afford this" she said looking around "I'm sorry for..."

"Now wait a minute young lady" Sam's voice was stern "I'm not asking for any rent but you will be responsible for all the utilities and keeping this place clean. That's non negotiable. Apart from that... Welcome home."

He grinned again but it faltered as he watched Red tur quickly to hide the tear that dared to fall. He took the moment to appreciate her beauty. Her pregnancy making her even more beautiful.

Her eyes told a painful story. She'd been hurt badly and he couldn't help but want to hurt whomever it was who did it. He knew that she'd opened up to Jack and Daisy earlier and made a note to talk with Jack. She needed his... their... protection and he'd make sure she got it.

Jack came through the door carrying bags and saw Sam watching Red and cocked an eyebrow at him. Sam smiled back sheepishly and ran a hand over the back of his neck.

"Come on man. Let's get this girls stuff so we can get her settled in. Dais is up at the house cooking dinner so we have half an hour."

Both men worked quickly after telling Red off for trying to lift things. They sat her down on the verandah with ice water to 'watch how real men worked'.

By the time they were finished Red was laughing hysterically at their brotherly antics over who had the biggest muscles. She missed her brother.

Together they all walked up to the house with Sam watching where she placed every step so she didn't trip. Her giggles at Jacks stupid jokes sent waves of something through him and with the thud of a brick he realised the truth. He was hooked undoubtably. In such a small space of time she'd made an impact no one else ever had. The answer was clear as crystal.

He wanted Red.