22-bad person

You're selected.

That one message which brought a huge smile on my face. I was selected for the scholarship and a place in London's best fashion designing university. My exams were finally over and yesterday was my graduation day. I felt a little bit sad that I'll have to leave everyone and go on where my life takes me. I'll be leaving behind the best memories I had with some of the best people.

I informed Mom and Dad and they congratulated me but I could sense the pain in their voice because I'll be leaving them too. But this wasn't the same with Ruth and Nicola. I can actually meet them frequently in London and they were happy about it. 

Dialling Liam's number, I smiled to myself. 

"Hello Evie!" 

"Hey, Guess what?" 

"What?" 

"I got selected! I got the scholarship." 

"Seriously? Wow! That's great, Evie!" 

"Yep! And soon I'll be shifting to London." 

"Perfect! You can get a place which is nearby our house." 

"Yeah. And till the time I shift there, I'll learn how to drive the car you gifted." 

"Ah yeah. Well, Here, Zayn wants to talk to you." Liam said and I hummed in response. 

"Hey Evelyn." 

"Hey Zayn." I smiled, hearing his voice. 

"Congratulations!" 

"Thank you so much." 

"When are you planning to shift to London?" 

"Next year, Maybe in January or February." 

"Ah okay. That's great." He chuckled,"We need to go. I'll call you later." 

"Okay bye." I said before hanging up the phone.

 Zayn is such a cool and sweet lad. After the day they left, he calls me everyday and we talk about everything,every single thing. It felt weird though, that it's not the same with Liam, he calls me twice in a week. But what Zayn and I had between us, was indescribable. I can't put it in words how I felt when I talk to him. He comforts me, shares his problems and listens to me. And somewhere in all this, I knew that I've started feeling something unusual for him, which is not common. Every time he takes my name, I get this immense joy and satisfaction, knowing that yes, I have him. Not only him, I've other boys too. Though, I don't have that unusual feeling in my stomach when I talk to them. But that's what makes them different. Louis makes me laugh, Harry's voice is so soothing and then there's Niall who just talks about food and honestly speaking, I've no problem with it.

The beeping of my phone, brought me out of my thoughts and I opened my phone to find a message which never fails to put an end to my happiness. 

​​​​​​​20 pounds, at 4 pm, my house

Sighing, I opened my closet and took out the money Mom hand given me as my graduation gift. She didn't know what to buy for me so she had given me the money and told me to buy anything of my choice.

°

I parked my bicycle and walked up to Anthony's house. I raised my hand to knock on the door when I found it was already open. I peeked inside and was about to open the door completely but stopped abruptly When I spotted the boy, earlier I had seen in the playground. The boy who Anthony got in a fight with. But here, he was laughing and smiling with Anthony.

"I'll give you the rest of the money today." Anthony spoke.

"Okay." The boy nodded and handed him a packet of white powder which I was sure now was drugs. My eyes widened in shock and I pulled away from the door. I ran my hands through my hair and decided to confront him.

I pushed open the door and glared at the two boys standing in front of me.
"Evelyn?" Anthony gasped.

I didn't speak anything and walked up to him.
"I think I should leave." The other boy said, hurrying our of the house. Once he was out of the house, Anthony looked at me.

"So this is where you use my money?" I shouted, not even caring about anybody who can hear us.

"What do you mean?" He asked innocently.

"What's this?" I frowned, holding up his hands and pointing at the packet.

"It's none of your business." He shouted, snatching his hands away.

"Oh really?" I glared,"You're using my family's money to buy that!"

"Shut up Evelyn. Just shut up." He yelled.

"No, not this time." I said, moving my hands in the air,"This time, I won't keep mum. I'll tell everyone."

"You won't do that." He threatened.

"Try me." I challenged him.

"You know, I still have that video." He reminded. I opened my mouth to say something but stopped. And this starts again. I can't even tell anybody about his deeds, just because of that stupid video. I've gotten myself in such a big mess and there seems no way out.

"At this rate, I don't even care. Do what you want." I said, not actually believing that I was saying that,"This time, I'll tell everyone."

"Okay, and just imagine what would happen if everyone sees the video of the one and only Evelyn Payne." He chuckled evily,"Think about your brother's career, his image, your family's image."

I knew he was trying to scare me but he had a point. If the video got out, everything will be over. All the fame, respect and dignity which my brother had earned will go in vain.

"Think and then speak." He gritted, moving closer to me.

"I-I won't tell anyone." I murmured, looking down.

"And if you did, I'll make sure you regret it. He growled, grabbing my face harshly and squeezing my cheeks.

"I won't." I cried.

"Give me the money." He demanded, pulling away his hands.
I pulled out the money and handed it to him.

"Now get out." He shouted, pushing me towards the door. Without wasting a single second, I walked out of his house and cycled back home. All the way, I just thought about the mess I had pushed myself in. I was cheating on my family who trust me. I've turned into such a bad person and I know that I'll pay for it.