13-feeling uneasy

Evelyn's pov:

It was one week since the incident happened in the playground and all I could do was to think about that white powder. I feared that what i thought if turned out to be right, what will I do. Was Anthony indulged in some practices of drugs? He would never go that extent, I kept reminding myself. But again, his actions were making me more suspicious. He has never been this quiet. 

On the other hand, Nick was acting strangely whenever he was around me. He has been my friend since I met Anthony but he never hanged around with me. Now, he walks up to the class with me and Anthony and even compliments me. 

Shaking my thoughts away, I pulled out my phone and messaged Arianna. 

When are you coming? I'm waiting. 

She replied immediately : just leaving in few mins

Just then, my phone started ringing, showing Ruth's face on the screen and a smile instantly made its way on my face. I picked up the call. 

"look who's calling me." I teased. 

"Oh shut up. I was busy." 

"Yeah, like everyday." 

"OK, I'm sorry." 

"It's okay." I laughed,"By the way, what do you think of my dress??" 

"It's lovely, Evie. You'll look gorgeous." 

"Aww, thanks." I smiled and then my voice faltered,"I miss you guys." 

"I know. I do too, but it's our work which is keeping us away." 

"hmmm. Try to come sometimes. I really miss you guys. Those days when we were together and just had so much fun, are the days i look forward to spend with you all." 

"I'll try, Evie." I can feel her smiling even though i can't see her face,"I need to go now. Talk to you later."

"Okay. Bye. Take care." 

Smiling a little, i dropped my phone on my bed and waited for Arianna to show up. When she didn't turn up for another ten minutes, i grabbed my phone and dialler her number. 

"Where are you?" I sighed. 

"Open your damn door!" She laughed and i stood up opening the door of my room. I looked around but she wasn't there. "You're not here." I frowned. 

"I'm at your front door, Evelyn.!" She groaned and i quickly rushed downstairs and opened the door. 

"Hey." She smiled, hugging me little. I cut the call and hugged her back before walking up to our room. "So.." She started but was cut off by her phone which was ringing. 

She looked at her phone and then declined the call, throwing it on my bed and then turned to me. "Let's start." She grinned. 

"Sure i was th-" I was cut off by her phone ringing again and i glanced over to her phone to find the caller's name to be Anthony. 

"Anthony?" I whispered, turning to her. 

"Uh, not your boyfriend." She chuckled, picking up her phone from the bed,"He's my cousin." 

"Oh." I nodded,"Well if it's important, just pick it up." 

"I'll call him later. He just likes to annoy me." She chuckled nervously. 

The rest of the time passed by Arianna teaching me how to walk like a model and how to behave like one. Though i was failing miserably, i got it at the last. It was 7 when Arianna left and without doing anything else, i drifted off to sleep because i was really tired. 

°

The next day, i woke up quickly, got freshened up and then bounced down the stairs with my school bag slunged on my shoulders. Greeting Mom and Dad, i sat down on the breakfast table and put my school bag on the side. 

"Mom?" I called before taking a bite of my toast. "Yes, Evie?" Mom asked, walking out of the kitchen and sat down besides Dad. 

"Do you think i should invite Liam, Ruth and Nichola to the fashion contest?" I smiled nervously. 

"That's a great idea, Evie." Mom smiled,"But i don't think anyone of them will be able to make it. You know how busy they are." 

"Yeah.." I sighed sadly,"What about you guys?" 

"we can't promise but we'll try." Dad smiled and i nodded. Like always, I'll be on my own. After i was done with my breakfast, Dad dropped me to school and i dragged myself to my locker. I saw everyone running around with some paper in their hand. 

"Hey Evelyn." I heard someone and looked at my side to find Nick smiling at me. 

"Hey Nick." I smiled," will you please tell me, why everyone is running around?" 

"oh don't you know?" Nick asked and I frowned,"An education company has put out some scholarship forms for the your further education and career. After filling up the forms, you'll be interviewed by them and if they find you impressive, you get your scholarship" 

"Wow." I breathed out,"Is it still available?" 

"Oh yeah. It is. Its on the notice board " He smiled. That's why I'm always late to everything, I never look at notice boards. 

"Great." I grinned,"I'll see you later." 

I quickly walked up to the office and that's when i spotted Arianna. I waved at her and she ran up to me. 

"What's up with you you?" She asked when she saw me standing by the office. 

I dragged her to the notice board and made her read. "Wow!" She clapped excitedly,"Let's go. I don't want them to be over." 

Smiling, we rushed to the office and asked for a fashion designer form. Me and Arianna both want to be a fashion designer and we're very dedicated to do so. 

"Oh I'm sorry, i only have one form left." He informed,"But since you came her first, I'm handing it to you, Miss Evelyn Payne, i assume?" 

"Uh yes Sir." I nodded awkwardly, looking at Arianna who had an unpleasant look on her face. She looked back at me once before walking out of the office. I took the form and ran behind her. 

"Arianna." I called and she stopped abruptly, turning to me. 

"Look, I'm sorry." I apologised,"That's very wrong of him to do so." 

"No, Evelyn." Arianna smiled,"It's alright. Not your fault. You deserve it." 

"Are you sure?" I looked at her and she nodded, giving me a smile. 

"Where's you boyfriend today?" She chuckled, changing the topic. "No idea." I muttered, just the then the bell rang and everyone rushed to their respective classes.