Part 25

I'm so sorry this took soooo long! I've been super busy with school and other things, but I've finally found time to finish this chapter!

I think the next one will be the finale, so get ready! :)

Btw, this chapter goes back in time a little bit to before the prom, right after Diego and Charlie leave Monty's house. (And flashbacks will be in italics)
——————————————————————————

Monty hadn't moved from his spot on the bed. He'd never heard Charlie say that much, let alone yell at him. It felt completely wrong to have that sweet adorable golden retriever turn into a total rabid dog before his eyes.

"Fuck..." Monty mumbled to himself, holding his head in his hands.

Monty didn't want to admit it, but he knew deep down that Charlie was right. Maybe that's what hurt him the most right now. That his mind wasn't ready to accept what his heart already knew.

Monty lost track of how many minutes he sat still, staring at the ground. Different images of the past flowing through his mind.

"Where's the fuckin' bathroom?" He asked to no one in particular, pushing open a random door.

"Not the bathroom, friend." A beautiful boy said from his spot on the floor.

Monty let himself smile. Meeting Winston was one of the best things to ever happen to him.

Another image came to him.

"Hey, it was nice meeting you. We should hang out sometime." It was him. The guy from the room who had blew him no less than an hour ago.

"What'd you say to me, faggot?" Monty asked before he could stop himself.

"Dude, chill. Alright?" The guy held his hands up, trying to calm Monty down.

Monty flinched as he remembered what happened next. He had hit Winston. He had completely beat the shit out of him. God, just the thought of causing him any pain made Monty want to cry.

He closed his eyes as another flashback began.

"Good hit, Monty." Bryce spat out.

"Keep coming Walker, keep coming!" Monty told him.

"You think you're gonna scare me?" Bryce taunted.

"Oh, I'm gonna fuckin' kill you." Monty assured him.

"Okay, buddy." Bryce walked away with a smirk.

Monty looked down, then back up. There was someone taking pictures from the sidelines. It was him. The boy from the party. What the fuck is he doing here? And what gives him the right to look like that?

Monty remembered how angry he felt at that moment, not knowing that it would later become one of the best nights of his life. Monty sighed, then thought of what else happened.

Monty looked away from the retreating Hillcrest bus, "The fuck are you doing here?" He asked when he saw the boy from the party leaning against his car.

The boy looked up, then back down to his camera, "Yearbook. I-I'm in yearbook. I'm going." He stuttered out, while reaching in his pocket for his car keys.

'Shit, he's scared. He's scared of me.' Monty thought to himself. "Hey, hey, I ain't gonna do anything." Monty told him.

The boy nodded, "I gotta go."

Monty took a step toward him, "Listen man, I'm sorry about last Summer. I was drunk and really fucked up."

"It's fine." The boy smiled slightly, "I mean, whatever."