Part 23

"A plan?" Charlie asked, tilting his head to the side.

Estela rolled her eyes, "Oh boy, here we go."

"Hey, don't give me that! It's gonna work, alright?" Diego defended himself.

"Okay okay, calm down. What's your plan?" Estela asked.

Diego looked around the hallway, trying to see if there was anyone else around who might hear them.

He turned back to Charlie and Estela, "We're going to make sure Winston and Monty go to prom together."

Estela immediately held her hand up, "Wait, that's not even possible. Monty has his first meeting tomorrow night."

"I know, but I was thinking maybe we could convince Judge Campbell to move the meeting." Diego told her.

"You really think we'd be able to talk an actual judge into letting Monty go to a school dance?" Charlie asked.

"We don't need to say where he's going." Diego said.

"Well, we probably will have to give some kind of reason as to why Monty needs the day of the meeting to be switched." Estela said.

Diego rubbed his hand across his face, "Okay, well maybe we could... um..."

He frowned, "I don't know. I kind of came up with this plan like two minutes ago, just forget about it, okay?" He turned to walk away.

Estela suddenly thought of something, "Wait! Don't go yet, I think we might actually be able to pull this off."

Charlie quirked an eyebrow, "Why do you say that?"

"If anyone would be able to convince Judge Campbell to do this, it would be someone from Monty's family." Estela pointed out.

"So, that would be you?" Diego grinned, happy that their plan was forming.

"Yeah." She said, "I think he's still in the courtroom. We should be able to talk to him if we hurry."

"Let's go then." Diego said, already beginning to move.

The three of them made it to the courtroom doors just in time to see Judge Campbell walk out.

"Judge Campbell!" Estela called.

He turned his head to see who had said his name, "Oh, hello there. You're Estela, correct?"

Estela smiled, not expecting him to be this friendly, "Yes, that's me." She looked back at Charlie and Diego. They both motioned for her to keep going.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could talk to you. Or if maybe we all could." She gestured to the boys behind her.

Judge Campbell looked unsure, "Maybe another time. I really should get going."

"It'll only take a minute." Estela told him.

She saw him hesitate, "Please?"

Judge Campbell sighed, "Alright. What can I do for you?"

"Well... about Monty, my brother's, anger management meetings. He has one tomorrow night and I was hoping we'd be able to switch it to another day."

"Why would you need the meeting's date changed?" Judge Campbell asked.

Estela thought for a second, "Monty told me that he wishes he had some more time to spend at the house. He hasn't been home in a while and he was hoping he could relax for a little bit."

Judge Campbell considered this, "Can you tell me why Montgomery wasn't able to ask this himself?"

Diego stepped forward, "He didn't stick around long after the end of the trial. Told us all he wanted to spend as much time at home as he could."