Part 7

Diego suggested the three of them meet at Monet's again, since he was feeling extra tired and wanted more coffee to keep himself awake. Estela and Winston agreed.

A half an hour after Winston had met with Deputy Standall, the trio sat at the same corner table and began to discuss the events of the odd questioning.

"I'm telling you guys, there was something seriously off about that meeting." Winston said.

Estela leaned forward and asked, "What did Deputy Standall say to you?"

"He told me he called me in to talk about Bryce's death or more specifically the boy who killed him."

Winston took a long sip of his coffee before continuing, "He was referring to Monty and asked if he was with me the night Bryce died."

"What? How could he have possibly known you two were together that night?" Diego asked.

"Or even who you are?" Estela added.

"That's the thing. He said that a few sources told him." Winston replied. Diego and Estela looked at him in confusion.

"But who are his sources?" Estela asked.

Winston shrugged, "Beats me. I asked him that same question and he said he wasn't able to share that information with me."

Diego slammed his fist down on the table, "That asshole, I swear to god, I'm gonna-"

"Diego! Calm down!" Estela reprimanded when she saw a few people glance over to their table.

"No! I'm done calming down, Estela. There is some seriously fucked up shit going on and we need to figure it out. Now." Diego exclaimed.

"Diego-" Estela began.

Winston cut her off, "No, he's right. Nobody else is going to do something about this. So, it's about time we did."

Diego grinned and looked over at Estela. She had a look of disapproval on her face. After a few seconds, Estela sighed, knowing she wasn't going to win a argument between them, "What do you suggest we do then?"

Winston and Diego looked at each other and smiled. Winston was the first to speak.

"I have an idea. It's a little crazy, but you guys have to trust me. Can you do that?" He asked.

Diego nodded immediately, "Hell yeah."

"Estela?" Diego looked over at her.

Her head was turned down. When she looked up, she stared directly into Winston's eyes, "I trust you."

Diego whooped in excitement, something Winston was learning was a habit of his.

Estela smiled at Diego's antics before turning to Winston, "So, what's your idea?"

"I think we should spy on Deputy Standall." He said.

"Like stalk him?" Diego asked and Winston nodded.

"Yeah. We'll get up early and watch his every move at the police station." Winston replied.

Diego groaned and laid his head down on the table, "We have to get up early, again?"

"Just ignore him." Estela told Winston, "If we do this tomorrow, won't we be skipping school?"

"Didn't we agree that we'd do whatever it takes to get Monty justice?" Winston reminded her.

She nodded, "Okay, let's do it."

Diego lifted his head from the table, "I'm all for skipping school. I'm in."