6. Friday night alright

I have successfully survived the first week of school.

The final bell rung for the last class of the day and I nearly jumped for joy. I gather my things up quickly shoving them into my bag. I looked over at Quinn who was sitting on the desk next to mine yawning loudly arms outstretched blocking the path of a few students.

"Gees sorry people," she said pulling her arms out the way. A couple of students walked by sneering and staring at her as they exit the room. "Take a picture, it'll last longer". She yelled.

I let out a small laugh as I strapped my book bag over my shoulder. That was Quinn for ya. Since our very eventful day skipping class on Monday we've been talking. I've learned that she's really cool; she's smart, witty and unique. She shared things with me and I did with her as well but nothing too personal. My two major secrets had to remain surreptitious. Which were:

1. the reason for the downfall of my friendship with Chloe and

2. My growing crush on Logan Whitlock, who still till this day hadn't mildly acknowledged my existence.

Neither Quinn nor I have identified the other as a friend yet. I think it's one of those things that happens in the early stages of any relationship. You don't wanna label it yet so instead you just go along with it and let it flow naturally and that's exactly what Quinn and I were doing.

"So...." Quinn trailed off pulling an apple out of her book bag. "My friend Jamie is throwing a party at his place tonight. Do you wanna come?" She asked as we walked out of class.

I paused for a second. "Do you mean Jamie White?"

"The one and only," she said digging her teeth into the fresh red apple.

I didn't know she was friends with Jamie White. He's, like, this rich kid who's always throwing lavish parties at his big house because his parents are always traveling to some cool third world country for "international" business trips.

"So you and Jamie are friends?" I questioned not really believing her. I've been to a few of his parties and I've never seen them together. I've seen him hung out with Logan but never Quinn.

"Yeah," She scoffed. "Why? You don't believe me." She snorted a little then spit out the chewed chunks of apples in a nearby trash can. "I know people in high places Spencer."

"I believe you," I said. "I Just__"

I stopped talking when I saw Chloe walking up our way with Deanna Hernandez, arms linked together. They walked past us whispering about something I could care less about. We've been able to ignore each other quite well since that whole debacle happened on Monday. I guess she had gone to the guidance office and asked for a schedule change because she was no longer in our class anymore and I didn't mind that one bit. Ignoring her and her stupid little friends came easier than I thought since I found them to be beyond repellent. I pretend they don't exist and go on living my life. I watched them scamper away, their matching miniskirts shuffling left and right.

"Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumbass," Quinn Joked but I didn't find it funny at all.

I turned my head away and kept walking. Quinn followed after me soon after. We walked beside each other in silence for a few minutes then she returned to her previous topic.

"So are you coming?" She asked kicking the exit door with her right leg. The door swung wide open and I nearly got knocked out by the strong wind that came whooshing in.

"Oh my God," I screamed. Quinn placed both of her hands on each side of my shoulder holding me up. "Thanks," I said relieved. I didn't know what I would have done if I fell down in front of all those students.