26. Logan vs. Nathan

Quinn’s piercing blue eyes widen in shock and her mouth was wide open. She was taking the jaw dropping thing to a whole new level.

“Wait a minute, wait a minute,” she exclaimed. “So what you’re saying is Logan was out on a date with Lulu on Friday.”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying.” I told her again. I turned away shoving a few books inside my locker.

“Has he lost his fucking mind?” Quinn said loudly. The students who were around us turned our way but Quinn scolded them and they turned back to whatever they were doing.

“Do you want me to talk to him?”

“No,” I exclaimed. That was the last thing I wanted. I’ve already approached him and that was enough.

“Well we have to do something. Can you imagine what life would be like if Logan and Lulu was, like, an actual real couple?”

If Logan and Lulu became boyfriend and girlfriend my life would be a living hell. Everyday it’d be like living a nightmare over and over again. I would have to see them on a regular basis and knowing Lulu she’d throw it in my face every chance she got. She was an arrogant mean little bitch. She prided herself in hurting others and dating Logan was a perfect way to hurt me. This time around she wouldn’t just hurt me, she’d hurt Logan too. She was only taking advantage of him to spite me and because he was in a vulnerable situation.  

“This can’t happen.” Quinn threw her hands in the air furiously.

“I know,” I said sadly then my phone began buzzing on my side. It was Nathan, Calling me. It was the third time this morning.

“Damn, again.” Quinn said turning her lips upward in disgust. “Obsessive much.”

I let the call go straight to voicemail. I told him not to call me while I was in school. I wasn’t a rebel or class president like he was; I couldn’t get away with talking on my phone while I was at school. 

Quinn was right though, it was becoming a little obsessive how much he called me. It was a nice gesture to have him call me in the morning to see how I slept or at night to say goodnight but to call me excessively during school hours of after school was a little annoying. I wanted to take things slow but it seemed he was on a different pace than I was. Our relationship hadn’t quite stepped over that line yet.

A few minutes later, as Quinn and I were walking down the hall, he texted me:

Have you made up ur mind about goin to the dance yet?

No. I replied back quickly then shoved my phone in my jacket pocket.

“He wanted to know if I’m still thinking about going to the dance.” I told Quinn.

“Ugh, please tell me you told him no.” Quinn said, her face twisting.

“I did.”

Ever since I told him about the Winter Formal our school was having he’s been dead set about taking me. When I told him I wasn’t going because it wasn’t my idea of a good time and also because Quinn wasn’t planning on going he gave me a long speech about how I shouldn’t follow the crowd. He said something along the lines about stepping outside my comfort zone and not letting others hold me back. In other words he was referring to Quinn holding me back.

This was a side of Nathan I didn’t like. In his mind there were two kinds of people. Those who were like him, who strived for perfection in whatever they were doing, worked hard and expected the best possible results and the ones who weren’t like him. He viewed Quinn as someone who was far from the likes of him and it bothered me. When he wasn’t sweet lovable Nathan, he was like this jerk that only saw things one way, his way.