17. What the hell?

Dark, sunken eyes stared back at me as I stood in front of the dirty bathroom mirror. I hadn’t been sleeping much lately. My nights were spent either texting Logan or obsessing over the fact that Quinn was still not talking to me. It was going on three days now and as much as I pretended it didn’t bother, it did.

I’ve tried countless times to talk to her but she was not having it. She ignored me every time I approached her. She wasn’t answering my calls or texting back. Yesterday in art class we had to get in groups for an in class project and usually we work with these two other girls, I was getting up to go join them when Quinn saw me and went to another group. I understand she was hurt but the way she was acting towards me was just cruel.

I knew she wanted more from me but my refusal to tell her the truth about what really happened between Chloe and I have nothing to do with her. Yes she did share some intimate things with me and I sat and listened to her like the good friend that I am….well before everything blew up. I couldn’t reciprocate because my friendship with Chloe is over and done, talking about the demise of our friendship would only bring me to a place that I didn’t like to revisit.

I just wanted Quinn and me to be friends without bringing up the past, return to normal the way our friendship was in the beginning without all that drama. Chloe and I aren’t friends anymore because of all the drama, I don’t want that with Quinn too but I knew we wouldn’t get past this without all the dramatics.

I stepped out of the bathroom into the crowed hallway walking amidst the overly excited students. Today was a half day since it was the day before thanksgiving; everyone was in a great mood like school was led out for summer vacation.

I was on a mission to find Quinn. I needed to talk to her before I went home; I had to talk to her, especially since I won’t be seeing her later on today. Knowing Quinn she was probably already heading to the parking lot. I knew more than anyone she was happy today was a half day, half a day of school crap she had to put up with. I rounded the corner of the three hundred halls heading to the north exit and to bump right into Logan.

“Hey,” he smiled. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

“Oh, um….I’ve been looking for Quinn.”

“She already left.”

“Oh.” I tried not to sound too disappointed. She was really going out of her way to avoid me. I’d call her later__ not that she’d pick up but if I didn’t persist she’d think that I didn’t care.

“Can we talk?” Logan put his hand behind my back and urged me inside a nearby empty classroom.

Ever since Quinn stopped speaking to me I’ve been spending most of my time with Logan. In the morning time I was with him in the bleachers, helping him with his homework. We made it a habit to see each other between classes and after school we hung out, mainly in his car making out. When we were separated it was like we weren’t because of all the texting and face time.

Of course I was on the receiving end of the many death glares that came from half the girls in school. Chloe and Co. were all aware that we were together and made no attempts to attack me. They knew that deep down their soulless bodies that I had won, he was mine and there was nothing they could do about it.

We were in a place where everything was getting to be really nice. I had forgotten the conversation we had where he confessed the minor details of his past relationships. I wanted to move on from that, those girls were the past and I was the present.

Every moment we spent together was beyond amazing. The little things he did had me liking him more and more; like how he held my hand with his free hand when he drove, how he kissed me in public not caring about the onlookers or how he looked at me when he thought I wasn’t looking. And he was actually opening up to me about his family without me having to ask.