12. The wrath of Lulu Crane

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

I awoke to a loud knock on my door. I lay still with my eyes closed, waiting for what was going to follow but I heard nothing. I pulled my sheets over my head burying myself deep in darkness. I was in my own little world, remote from everything and everyone.

I had spent most of the night thinking, thinking, thinking about Logan. I went over every little detail in my head. Questioning myself about what I did wrong and what I could have done right. I had to admit to myself that yes I am strongly attracted to him, and yes I am slightly obsessed with him and of course I would have loved to go out with him on a date but last night he totally handled things differently.

The fact that he asked me out meant that he liked me. How much though? I wasn't sure but he liked me enough to ask me out. What got me confused was his reaction after I revealed the truth as to why I couldn't go out with him. He recoiled and he did that too quickly for my liking. He didn't ask me any further questions after that nor did he persist, he just left. Why did he leave like that? Was it because he'd never been turned down by a girl before? It wasn't like I left his question unanswered, as hard as it was for me to admit the truth, I did. Maybe it was because he finally realized how uncool I was and didn't want to go out with a big loser.

That was pretty much how I spent most of my night, after I cried about it, I over-analyzed it some more then grew frustrated with myself and eventually fell asleep. Now that I was up all I wanted was to talk to Quinn. She would have answers to this entire dilemma. I couldn't call or text her because my phone had been confiscated by my parents as part of my punishment, ugh my life really did suck.

I stifled a cry as I curled up into the fetal position. The banging returned, harsher this time. I was too weak to tell the person to go away so I kept mum. Nothing and I mean nothing was going to get me out this bed today, not even to study.

"Spencer," I heard Todd hollered behind the door. "Come downstairs, mom made hot breakfast."

I heard him stomping away not giving me time to respond. Oh well, I was not going downstairs. They were the enemy and I needed to stay far away from them. If it had not been for their strict rules I would have been in a blissful state of mind right now knowing that I was going get to go out with Logan. No screw them, they can keep their stupid little breakfast and enjoy each other's company, I needed to wallow alone in the privacy of my room.

A few minutes later there was a creak at my door. Someone dared to disturb me. I should have had a sign hung up the door that said, "Do not enter! Currently wallowing in self-pity," perhaps that would do the trick because clearly they couldn't take a hint.

"Spence," my dad poked his head in the door, he sounded concerned. When I came in last night I hurtled right up to my room, not stopping by the kitchen to have our nightly Saturday chat over ice cream. "We're all waiting for you downstairs honey. Your mom made pancakes with caramel-banana syrup."

That sounded good, it sounded too good. At this point I knew dad detected that something was wrong and I was positive that he'd already consulted with mom about what the plan of action would be. Pancakes was the plan, it was their way of trying to lure me downstairs so I could spill my guts out to them. As tantalizing as the pancakes sound, I was going to stay put in bed, I had to be strong.

"Spencer please come join us," he said lastly closing the door behind him. I thought about it long and hard. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea going downstairs. I did have something on my mind, something that bothered me all night long. It was consuming me like a black hole. If I wanted to at least have a decent day it was going to have to come out of me. I was going to go downstairs to talk to them, I needed to be straight and firm, and I was going to take a stance once and for all.