25. Half of my heart

Friday night was my big date with Nathan, my very first official date. I was both excited and nervous. All week long it was all I thought about, well that and Logan of course. I was going through the no sleeping habit, tossing and turning at night thinking about him. It was quite pathetic really; I was losing sleep over someone I wasn't even with.

After he kicked me out of his house I vowed to move on, to stop thinking about him to not acknowledge his existence like he did me but damn it was hard. It also didn't help that he was coming to school in better clothes, his hair was put together and he stopped wearing that leather jacket that he was so fond of.

Today he was wearing a button down black shirt, new jeans (I knew there were new 'cause the lines weren't faded) and these brand new Nike sneakers. Why was he looking nice lately? I didn't know, perhaps he was doing it to make me jealous or maybe he was making a point by making himself over to show me that he was completely over me and was ready to move on himself. Whatever it was, it was messing up with my head.

So as I stood in front of the mirror, dressed up in a black pleated dress, creamed blazer with my hair up in a high ponytail about to go out with Nathan I was thinking about Logan. As I put on a pair of blue stone chandelier earrings I got from forever 21 to impress Nathan because he told me blue was his favorite color, I was thinking about Logan. As I finished doing my makeup, ready to go out with Nathan I was thinking about__

The doorbell rang. Shit, he was here already.

I looked at the time on the little clock on my nightstand, it was seven on the dot, he was on time. I could hear both my parents trying to race each to the door. They were both eager to meet him. I wasn't scared about them meeting him because I knew they'd like him. He was the type of boy parents approved of. He was genuine, good looking, smart and ambitious. Who wouldn't like him?

I grabbed my little black clutch from my bed and stuffed it a tube of lip-gloss, gum, cash, my phone and a Maybelline compact.

I was ready.

Okay, okay maybe I wasn't fully ready mentally but hey I could fool myself into thinking I was.

As I traipsed down the stairs I could hear Nathan talking to my parents. I followed their voices to the living room. There was Nathan sitting opposite my parents looking as handsome as ever. He looked especially good tonight dressed in blue button shirt, black pants and his hair was swooped away from his forehead and I could see his entire well structured face.

"Wow," he mouthed when he looked up at me and I blushed.

"Hi honey," My dad said. "Join us, we're just getting to know your friend over here." He had a smile on his face that said he was up to no good.

I smiled weakly joining them on the couch.

"So I hear you're a senior?" my dad asked, crossing his arm. Oh God where was he going with this.

"Yes sir, I am."

"You must have a lot on your plate?" mom asked.

I guess they were taking turns asking the questions. Good cop bad cop. I'd much prefer my mom do all the talking. My dad was going to embarrass me, it was bound to happen since he didn't have a filter.

"Well you know with a being senior, class president and constantly studying and writing college essays it can get tough."

"You've been applying to college, where are you thinking about going?" mom asked.

"I'm going to Brown." He said quickly with all the confidence in the world. He didn't say he thinks he might be going to Brown or if they accept him he'll go, he flat out said he was going like he was a million percent sure of it. I could tell by mom's facial expression, she was impressed.