Chapter 17

XVII

JASON

Jason kept reminding himself that it was helpful being Jupiter’s son.

   ‘Hey... Whatcha doin’?’ Piper asked him as she sat next to his seat in the flight they had just taken. It was a good thing that Zeus had no problems with either Piper or Reyna and that he was at least kind enough to provide them with free air tickets. Jason didn’t exactly know how the sky lord ended up with local air tickets. He didn’t want to bother asking either.

   ‘Hey Pipes... You just went to use the restroom. I’m still doing whatever I was doing when you left.’

   ‘And what’s that may I ask?’ She grinned and elbowed him.

   ‘Thinking about you.’ Jason said and touched the tip of her nose with his long finger.

   ‘Awww... Isn’t that cute?’ Piper said sarcastically and cuddled into his arms. After a long moment of silence, Jason spoke.

   ‘Piper...’

   ‘Hmm?’

   ‘I like the way we’re writing down our own story...’

   ‘Me too... We should add more ice cream to the story though.’

   ‘Ice cream?’

   ‘Yeah... I mean, if we’re writing down our own story, then I guess we get to pick our favourite dating spots and the food we share as a couple.. blah, blah... the usual stuff.’ Piper said and Jason chuckled.

   ‘I swear Piper McLean, you’re the only daughter of Aphrodite who’ll ever say “Blah, blah” while depicting something romantic.

   ‘Jason? Does it bother you that my mom is Aphrodite?’

   ‘Well, my dad’s a god too you know? Jupiter.’

   ‘Not that... I mean, like Aphrodite isn’t the smartest god on Mt. Olympus.’

   ‘Does that make you dumb in any way Pipes?’

   ‘I don’t know... That’s up to you to decide. Am I dumb?’

   ‘Dumb is the last thing you are Piper. I love you for who you are. Not your mother. You’re one of the bravest and most intelligent girls I’ve ever seen. You’re smart, beautiful and most important, you follow your guts. Not a plan.’

   ‘So I’m pretty untidy?’ Piper asked laughing.

   ‘No... You’re amazing...’ Jason said and cupped her cheeks in his hands. He moved closer and the gap between them was growing smaller second by second. It was just when their lips were about to touch, a sudden message popped up in the air in front of them showing visuals of Nico and Will on it.

   Seriously Lady Iris? Seriously? It was going so well. You could’ve just been like “The subscriber you are calling is currently busy. Please try again later.” Or something like that. Jason cursed the goddess and blushed.

   ‘Were we interrupting something?’ Will asked with a cunning grin on his face.

   ‘Shut up Solace.’ Jason muttered and Piper nodded.

   ‘Okay! Okay! I messaged you immediately to inform you that dad- Lord Apollo is being punished in the Colosseum!’

   ‘Will... Do you have any new news?’ Jason asked sighing.

   ‘You already know that?’

   ‘Yeah... But the question is how do you know that?’

   ‘I heard Mr. D talking to Chiron this morning.’