Chapter 13

XIII

REYNA

Being stopped by the goddess of love wasn’t Reyna's favorite activity.

   Yet, it kept happening to her. Again and again. Once simple conversation with Aphrodite was enough to make you burst. Twice? Reyna was almost sure that she was about to go bonkers.

   ‘I guess, our next stop is at the Colosseum.’ Reyna said staring at the mini Colosseum. It looked just like the real one she had visited with Jason two years ago.

   ‘I wonder why...’ Jason said running his fingers through his hair.

   ‘Don’t we all?’ Piper mocked Jason and walked up and down.

   ‘Whatever the reason maybe, we better leave soon.’ Reyna said as she scanned the deserted place.

   ‘You could stay you know.’ Troy spoke up and waved at them for attention.

   ‘No. I shall not stay. Not with you of course.’ Reyna said in a fit. Troy looked like a nice guy, but under his looks was his real character.

   ‘I didn’t ask you to live here. You could rest for the night. I think there are some tents out there where you can bunk.’

   ‘You know Reyna.. We could. It’s getting dark out here. Travelling won’t be very safe now.’ Jason said and Reyna opened her mouth to protest. She closed it quickly and turned away.

   ‘Whatever. We’re leaving tomorrow first thing. I’m not willing to stay in this dump any longer.’ She said, still turning away.

   ‘Ouch. The “dump” is my home right now, so please show some respect.’ Troy said with a hurt expression in his face and Reyna mumbled an apology. She wondered how he could even survive under these conditions.

   ‘Okay. I’ll find you some tents. Go ahead. Light a fire or something.’ Jason said and walked away with Piper.

   ‘So it’s just you and me I guess.’ Troy said with a soft voice. Reyna felt her stomach do a back-flip.

   ‘I guess.’ She repeated looking away.

   ‘I’ll get some wood. I’ve stacked up some stuff there in my tent. Wanna come over and check it out?’

   ‘Sure.’ Reyna said and followed Troy into the tent. She gasped at the interiors of the tent. It was old for sure, but his capability to turn the old dump into something this magnificent was just amazing. The lights, furniture, selves and everything was so well arranged she couldn’t say anything.

   ‘Have a seat.’ Troy said as he gestured his couch. Reyna sat on the couch and looked around herself. He took something and sat next to her.

   ‘This is amazing.’ She agreed out loud. ‘How long have you been here?’

   ‘Not very.’

   ‘You’ve really made wealth out of waste...’ Reyna said and turned to face him. He was staring at her with a soft smile on his face.

   ‘Reyna...’ He said and placed a hand on her cheek. Goosebumps popped up on her hands and a tingling feeling ran through her body.

   She then said something completely useful like ‘Hmm?’

   ‘You’re so beautiful... I don’t even know your full name...’

   ‘Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano... Just... don’t ever use it.’

   ‘Such a creative name.’ He said and moved away the hair that was falling on her face. Reyna just stared into his deep brown eyes. A part of her wanted to stop all that, that very instance, but the other half just let it pass.

   And then, something really weird began to happen. Troy began to glow and disfigure. Not in a disgusting way, a heavenly way. He kept changing. Every aspect of him, until he turned into a she. A very beautiful she. A very well known she.

   ‘Lord Aphrodite!’ Reyna bellowed and stood up.

   ‘Yes my dear child. It is I, Aphrodite. The goddess of love and doves.’

   ‘You don’t actually talk like that.’

   ‘Thank goodness. Talking like that is so hundred years ago.’ Aphrodite said swaying her arms.

   ‘If you are here, then where’s Troy?’ Reyna questioned her suspiciously.

   ‘Don’t you understand Reyna? He never was there. It was me throughout.’

   ‘Why would you dress up as a teenage mortal boy? That too, a mortal boy who lives in the abandoned carnival?’

   ‘I wanted to see how easy it is for you to fall in love with someone.’

   ‘That’s just extremely cruel. Why do you keep messing with my life?! What did I ever do to you?!’ Reyna's voice increased.

   ‘There, there. I just wanted to show you that your love life is going to be the most interesting one in centuries. Well, yours, Leo's, Jason’s and obviously Percy's. you’re all just extremely fun to play around with. I cannot make this easy for you.’

   ‘You made me fall in love with Jason, who lost his memories and now loves Piper! You then made me love Percy who wasn’t available from the very beginning, now, Troy? And I find out that you were him trying to mess with my life. How much more can you destroy my life?!’

   ‘Oh dear. I’m not going to destroy your life.’

   ‘Why can’t I figure that out when I see these things from my perspective then?!’

   ‘You will fall in love. Eventually you will. The person will love you unconditionally. But you’ve just got to wait for it.’

   ‘You know what Aphrodite!’ Reyna said frustrated. ‘I give up. I’m no longer going to bother about all this. I’m just going to focus on what I do best. Lead my legions. Until the day I die.’

   ‘Oh. How very brave. But remember darling. You need love and this time, love will find you. But it will not be a demigod for sure.’

   ‘Why can’t it be a demigod?!’

   ‘Because, you are an interesting person, and you deserve an interesting life.’

   ‘By which you mean, you’re definitely gonna mess up my life.’

   ‘Bye Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano.’ Aphrodite whispered and vanished into the thin air. Reyna flinched at the use of her full name and fell on the couch. A silent tear escaped her eye and she wiped it off as she heard footsteps behind her.

   ‘Hey Reyna! We found a tent- Whoa!’ Piper said as she walked in and took a look at the tent inside. ‘Where’s Troy?’

   ‘He um... Never... existed.’ Reyna said with a sad expression on her face.

   ‘What are you blabbering Reyna? You think all of us were hallucinating the same thing?’

   ‘Guys. Troy never existed. It was Aphrodite in the form of a mortal teenager.’

   ‘Mom?’ Piper asked confused. ‘Why was she here?’

   ‘To get the fact in my head that she is surely gonna spoil my love life.’

   ‘Sounds like her. Just ignore her Reyna. Remember what I told you? There is someone out there for you.’

   ‘I’m giving up Piper. Don’t bring back the topic. I’m gonna go lie down. It’s been a tiring day.’

   Piper didn’t say anything. She just nodded and dusted a couch for Reyna to lie on.

   ‘Good night.’ She said and walked out of the tent. Reyna let go of another tear that was fighting for freedom.

A/N sorry for the late update! Exams are finally over! Yesss! Just an art exam left And woohoo! And hmmm... So its not Reyna and Troy... But I do have something in store for her! :p I finished the Fullmetal Alchemist series and started Naruto... O.o wow. Mind blowing! Sasuke and sakura are such a cute ship! *.*