Chapter 6

VI

PERCY

Percy had never done this before.

   He always had his mom by his side, but meeting her after 9 months? That was weird. What was his mom doing? What had happened to Paul? Had Poseidon visited her anytime recently? He had so much to ask her.

   'Are you scared?' Percy turned and saw Annabeth.

   'I guess? Annabeth, what am I gonna tell her. Hera spoilt everything. Crazy family goddess.

   'You’ll be fine. You always are.' Annabeth said and winked...

   They took about three cabs to his house and got down at the apartment. The moonlace was in a semi-bloom form and promised visual treats at night time.

   'You did plant it.' calypso said and smiled.

   'Yes. Yes I did...'

   Percy stood in front of the door and knocked. He heard his mom’s voice from inside and she opened the door. She stood there facing him and stared for a moment. Percy had noticed something different in her though. She seemed a little... plump and not to mention the very obvious bump in her stomach. Percy had to resist the urge to jump around declaring the news that he was going to be a brother seeing that all of them had understood it quite well.

   ‘Percy! Oh Percy!’ His mother flung her arms around him and sobbed. ‘I thought... I thought you were dead!’ she looked up and kissed his forehead.

   ‘I wouldn’t let him die would I Mrs. Jackson?’ Annabeth said from behind Percy and his mom turned to her.

   ‘Oh Annabeth. Come here.’ His mom said and wrapped her arms around Annabeth. ‘I know it must have been as difficult for you as it was for me.’

   ‘Sally! Who’s there?’ Percy heard his stepfather Paul Blofis ask his mother.

   ‘It’s Percy Paul! He’s back!’ his mother yelled back in joy and turned back to them. ‘Oh where are my manners? Come in all of you. I see Percy's made some new friends.’

   All of them entered and Paul Blofis ran into the room.

   ‘Percy! Your mother and I were extremely worried!’

   ‘Hey Paul!’ Percy said and returned the hug Paul gave him.

   ‘So... introduce all your friends Percy.’ His mother commanded.

   ‘Oh yes. This is Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Hazel Levesque, Frank Zhang, Nico, you know. Will Solace, Reyna, Leo Valdez and Calypso.’

   ‘My my. That’s adorable Percy.’ His mother turned towards Calypso. ‘You’re the one who treated my son after the explosion right? You gifted him the moonlace.’

   Calypso blushed slightly and nodded.

   ‘Thank you. Percy told me about what happened. I’m happy the gods let you go after the war.’

   ‘Well... not exactly mom. There’s a lot more to the story. It includes a huge potty-faced goddess and giants.’ Percy filled in.

   ‘What exactly are you talking about?’

   ‘There’s a lot to tell mom. Why don’t we sit down.’

***

   ‘So you’re Thalia’s brother?’ Percy's mom looked at Jason and questioned once she was done with listening to them narrating the whole story. ‘Son of Jupiter, the roman form of Zeus?’