Chapter 4

IV

PERCY

Percy prayed he wouldn’t have to come out as burnt Perseus kebab.

   There was no telling what Leo could do to him any moment. Not that Leo was still angry. Though, possibilities were high and Percy didn’t want to mess around with the only current son of Hephaestus who could control fire.

   Percy walked to bunker nine and lifted his arm to knock. He hesitated for a moment, breathed in and out thrice and finally knocked.

   ‘Coming!’ Percy could hear Leo's voice and then in a moment, the door opened. ‘Percy! I know, you missed me like hell. Come in!’

   ‘Oh! Leo, umm... You’re conscious.’

   ‘Hell I am. Come in! It’s kind of cold out there.’

   ‘Thanks! Where are the others?’ Percy walked inside the room. I was warm and bright. Well, not Apollo kind of bright, but it was bright.

   ‘Fixing up Festus. I told them not. They wouldn’t listen. So, what happened after I died?’ Leo jumped enthusiastically.

   ‘Whoa dude! Not that straight forward. You’re all alive now, so don’t say “died”.’

   ‘Yeah, yeah. Funny thing you know. I’m gonna sound crazy, but just as I was about to explode. You know, at Gaea, I saw a white light advancing towards me. I guess that was Elysium.’

   Percy burst out laughing and it lasted for a whole minute with Leo staring at him.

   ‘I knew it. You think I’m crazy.’ Leo said with a soft chuckle.

   ‘Dude. That was not Elysium. Nothing close to Elysium actually. That was Octavian.’

   ‘Percy. Is my craziness contagious?’

   Percy continued as he laughed ‘Holy Hera! Leo, that was Octavian being a fool. He intended to destroy us, released the onager at the Greek camp not noticing that his toga was stuck to the ammo and flew into destruction along with it.’

   ‘Huh. And all this while I thought of Octavian as the lights of Elysium.’ Leo said and shuddered. ‘Man, that’s gross.’

   Percy and Leo sat on the bed laughing and heard the door knock. And then Calypso's voice was heard.

   ‘Leo! Open the door. I’ve got some things for you.’

   ‘Coming sunshine!’ Leo yelled back and Percy's smile wiped of his face.

   ‘I should leave.’ Percy said.

   ‘Stay. Sort things out. You can do this. You’re Percy Jackson!’

   Percy whimpered and Leo opened the door. A Calypso dressed in jeans and a white shirt walked in turning her back towards Percy and talking to Leo.

   ‘Here, hold this. Eat before you take any medicine!’ She handed him a basket of fruits. ‘I’ll be in the Apollo cabin if you need me. Staying here would be... inapt. I can’t believe it. It’s a whole new start-’

   She dropped her sentence as she turned around and saw Percy.

   ‘Hey.’ Percy said goofily and waved.

   ‘Um... I have to get my revenge on Jason for sandwiching me. You guys umm... sort out stuff.’ Leo said and ran out of the room.

   ‘This is umm.. Awkward.’ Percy said.