Chapter 11

XI

PERCY

Getting attacked on buses? Sure.

   It was a regular thing for Percy. The monsters loved to attack him while on the bus, but being attacked by monsters disguised as his cousin sister from the godly side and her gang? Not cool. It just made the whole fighting thing awkward. Obviously, it had taken Percy a while to realise the miserable truth.

   ‘Percy!’ Thalia had come running to him. She opened her arms wide as if to hug him. That was weird, thought Percy. Thalia was never really open to hugging people. Especially guys. She was followed by a whole new bunch of hunters. How could they keep changing all the time? Then Percy realised, Artemis had eighty hunters with Thalia leading them. She could probably choose her companions as per her mood.

   ‘Hey Thalia!’ Leo said with a grin and waved. The whole situation still seemed kind of fishy to Percy. The hunters never travelled through the public bus. Thalia held out her hands to Leo and Leo stepped away. There was something definitely fishy about Thalia. She would’ve never ever hug Leo. Even if was a matter of life or death. Percy pulled out riptide and pointed it at Thalia’s chin.

   ‘Reveal yourself’ Percy spat and the fake Thalia battered her eyelashes at Percy. ‘Empousai.’ Percy added and Thalia smirked.

   ‘Your senses have grown stronger since the first time Perseus Jackson.’ The Thalia Empousai said aloud and transformed to its original form.

   ‘Dude, remind me later that I owe you one. You saved me from hugging that thing. Ugh. Gross.’ Leo said in disgust as he saw the Empousai circling them.

   ‘You never would have anyways. Take those two! I’ll take these three. Calypso, take cover!’ Percy yelled and pointed riptide at the three Empousais facing him.

   ‘Oh no, I won’t’ Calypso said and pulled out her weapon. ‘I’m sorry to interrupt you “gentlemanliness” but Percy and Leo, I don’t need your protection.’

   Percy stared at her as she took the leader Empousai all by herself. Her dagger divided into two and she battled with great skills. This was a side of Calypso Percy had never seen and wasn’t really sure that he would see.

   ‘Okay!’ Percy said as he smirked. He turned to the Empousai and swung his sword. She dodged it and laughed.

   ‘I still haven’t gotten that kiss have I?’ She asked in a sweet tone. Her image flickered in Percy's eyes and she started to glow. The smell of roses and animal fur filled Percy's nose. She looked just like the cheerleader he killed two years ago. The Empousai in cheerleader form that is.

   ‘Tammi...’ Percy recollected her name and frowned. ‘Where’s your friend Kelli?’ Percy asked scanning the place around him.

   ‘Fighting that chick.’ Tammi said pointing at Calypso. ‘We still don’t like fighting women, but the ones that travel with you are quite fun to meddle with.’

   ‘Leave them alone!’ Percy said running towards Tammi, the Empousai and tried to stab her. She gripped his arm and bend him over. She advanced closer to him as if she was about to kiss him. He shook his head and pursed his lip. He wriggled his hand within her grip and struggled to get out of her hold. And then she was uncomfortably close to Percy, he could see blackheads on her nose.

   ‘You want to kiss him do you?’ Calypso said as she stabbed Tammi with her dagger and smiled ‘Well, better luck next time.’

   ‘Thanks.’ Percy said gratefully as he shook in disgust. All the other Empousai were piles of white ashes by then.