Pure At Heart (27) You're back?

“Sometimes dreams give you more happiness than your actual life.” – Hamna Yusuf.

_________

In walked Zayd.

My mouth hung open as he sat down next to me. Ayesha left the room and closed the door behind her.

“How are you?” he asked. I didn’t speak at first, but when I realized how he came and found me, my lips curved into a smile. Still sitting, I hugged him.

“You came here for me?”  I asked as we parted away.

He smiled. “Ayesha works at my office. She told me about you and I immediately figured out it was you. Come on. We’re leaving,” he said. My smile suddenly faded away.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Home,” he told me.

“Zayd, those people will literally kill me if you take me there. Have you forgotten everything?” I said. He held my hands in his’.

“I haven’t forgotten anything. We’re going to live somewhere else. Not in that house. I promise I am not taking you there. I don’t want to lose you again,” he looked down. I placed my hand on his cheek.

“You’re not going to,” I smiled and so did he.

I packed my stuff and quickly walked behind Zayd.

“Thankyou for everything Ayesha. Thankyou so much,” I said as I scooped her up in a big hug. She hugged me back.

“I told you. With every hardship comes ease,” she reminded me. I smiled. “Yours is on the way,” I told her.

She smiled and looked down. I couldn’t see the glimpse of hope in her eyes anymore. I greeted her daughter and then Zayd and I drove away from her apartment.

“I never thought you would come for me. I called you so many times but you didn’t answer,” I told him. He stayed quiet. “I was completely hopeless. Especially after I found out I was pregnant.”

“You’re pregnant?!” he exclaimed. I laughed and nodded.

“We’re going to be parents,” I added with a smile.

“Hamna this is amazing. I love you so much,” he said. I smiled. I couldn’t believe it. Everything was ok in a matter of minutes?

---------

“Tada!” Zayd said as he uncovered my eyes. I exclaimed.

“Is this where we’re living?” I asked in excitement. He laughed. “Yes we are. We’re going to start our wonderful family in this very house,” he told me. It was a small apartment but it was more than enough for me after what I had gone through. I checked the rooms and the kitchen. Everything was perfect. I came back in the living room.

“You amazing you- just give me a hug!” I said as he hugged me. I buried my face in his chest as I smelled his typical scent. The same scent I had smelled when I left his house. Who knew that in a spam of one month, I will get to smell it again. Allah’s promise is true. He is the greatest.

Oh Allah! You’re the best. Alhamdulillah!

--------

Since the apartment was already pre-furnished, we didn’t have to buy anything besides the eatables. It was so great to finally live with my husband. Without any fears or stress. I didn’t have to worry about anything except my diet. I wanted this baby to be healthy and happy.