Pure At Heart (5) Silent mistakes

Mistakes are unavoidable. Learn how to forgive yourself. -Unknown

                                                                ---------------------------------------

This was something i never thought i would do. I was actually going to New Jersey - a whole new town - with some guy i only know for the past two months. I sat in the passenger seat and buckled up as Dylan sat on the driver's seat.

"No regrets?", he smiled at me. I looked away. I had no idea how to respond to such a freaky smile. I didnt want to go but its like someone was controlling me and my feet. As much as i wanted to stop, i couldn't. 

Dylan started up the engine with a roar. He had a pickup truck with a closed trunk. Who knows what was trapped inside it. I closed my eyes and prayed to Allah, that whatever happens, happens for a good reason. And i prayed that i dont regret my decision later in life.

He was driving 60 miles per hour. About 10 minutes later, Dylan took a turn in a bushy area. The road was rough and was occupied with all kinds of trees and bushes. I could see a black cat and about three to four dogs wandering around. I looked at Dylan, but he had the most relaxing smile on his face. 

"What is this place?" i asked him, when i couldn't get anymore of the dangling trees that rubbed on the car's roof as we passed by.

"The warehouse", he answered. 

"The warehouse?", i asked him. Before he could answer, he stopped in front of a rusty building with grafitti paint on it. The windows were all broken and the stairs looked like there was no one who lived here.

"Where are we Dylan? Why did you stop here?" i asked him, my heart pace faster than usual. He didnt answer me. Instead, he took out his phone and sent a text to someone. About 6 seconds later, out walked 2 men, who wore ripped jeans and a shirt with no buttons. Their head was covered up with a scarf and they were smoking a cigarette. 

"Drop that Andrew and help me", said Dylan as he got out the car. I sat stiff as the two men came up to my door and opened it like they owned it. Before i knew it, i was picked up on one's shoulder and was being carried inside the building. 

"Stop. Stop.. what are you doing? Stop!" i said, banging on the man's back.

I glanced at dylan as the man took me inside. "Dylan, stop him!" i shouted.

"Why should i?", he smirked. That was the last thing i heard before entering a dark room. 

*FlashBack Over*

At breakfast the next morning, my mom gave out a news.

"We found a college nearby Hamna", she was excited like she was the one who's going to be a college freshman.

"So.. when is she starting?", Hafsa blurted out. I kept chewing my food since i hadn't eaten anything since that half-eaten sandwich. My dad couldn't find a restaurant or any store to buy food from, last night, so we had to sleep with our hungry stomach. 

"Very soon inshAllah. Your father is going to go and get her application in today", my mom smiled. Well, that's what she sounded like.

"I can't believe Hamna's all grown up. Seems it was just yesterday she started elementary", Aunty Aamina stepped in. I kept eating completely ignoring all of them. Not that i had any intention to; its just, my hungry self couldn't be controlled at the moment. 

"Hamna, are you with us?", Hafsa waved a hand in front of me. I looked up and saw all of them staring at me. "What?" i said with my mouth full. 

"You're going to college soon", Hafsa repeated. I gave her a cold smile and went back to my food.