. 20 - Save your breath.

- Darryl's POV -

I wake up,  my head is aching.  What happened?  I'm on the couch,  I hear..  People.

I sit up from the couch and glance around,  my eyes widen.

Vincent and Dave are fighting,  more like Vincent is trying. 

Zak's on the floor,  with a bullet wound on his side.

I scramble from the couch and dash over the Zak,  I wrap his arms around my shoulders as I quick get over to the couch.

I'd lay him on the couch in a way that wouldn't hurt him as much,  as I see his face contort in pain.  I turn around to see Dave has the upper hand in the fight.

My head is aching so badly,  but I need to help Vincent. 

I rush over,  knocking into Dave,  he falls over with a thud in which I take the time to grab his gun that he had dropped upon impact. 

I grab it and point it at Dave,  my heart is racing as I see him scramble into a position where he can see me.

He stares at me for a moment.

Suddenly,  he gets shot in the side,  not by me.  I turn around to see a collapsed Vincent on the ground with a gun in his hand,  smoke coming from it.

He had shot Dave, as I see Dave roll in pain, holding his side with both hands.  As he goes limp.  Must've passed out.

Goodness,  I'm stuck with three unconscious bodies in a room.  I feel like I'm going to pass out any second,  I need to call and ambulance. 

With all I can muster,  I drop the gun and meakly walk over to the table that had my phone.

I open it and dial the ambulance. 

" xxx Street..  Four people,   two shot on the side,  one in the chest..  And another has a head injury, please hurry. "

And with that I drop my phone onto the table.

The world fades to black.

- Zak's POV -

Oh my god,  everything aches.  I blink my eyes open,  as I hear a heart monitor beeping beside me. 

Am I in a hospital? 

What even happened?

Everything hurts.

Hurts.

Hurts.

"Zak! " I hear a familiar voice call.

"Mnngh? " I turn my head to see Darryl.  Tears in his eyes,  bags under them.  He had bandages wrapped around his head as well. 

"You're okay.. " He mumbles as he grabs my hand.  He's so warm,  I'm so cold.  

It takes all my energy to move my fingers so I wrap them around his hand.

"Darry.. " I mumble,  as my eyes threaten to close on me,  I fight to keep them open so I can keep staring at him.

"Oh,  I'm so sorry Zak. " I hear Darryl stutter,  as he lowers his head and sobs.

My heart breaks,  I can't even hug him.  I'm so tired. 

" I'm so sorry..  Vincent,  he.. " Darryl continues,  taking a break to continue sobbing.

"I'm such a horrible person.  Vincent,  he said he wanted me to tell you he apologised.  " My eyes widen,  as i smile.

"Tell him I forgive him. " I mumble.

"I can't..  It's all my fault. " Darryl continues,  trying to hold his composure. 

"He's gone Zak. "

-----------------------------------

Mmm this is just.  Very sad now.

Woah tho!  We are getting closer to 9k so fast!  That's amazing! 
Ily all so much,  thank you for the support <3333

Tricky no screaming. 

-Harp