Movie Nights

brooke

"I can't believe we're going to get our license together." I squealed, walking beside Addie.

"I know! I'm so excited. I can't believe I passed." she sighed.

"Same." I giggled.

We walked into the room filled with all different people. Walking in the line, we stood there quietly and patiently.

Earlier today, Addie and I came for our final test, both of us passing. We were both ecstatic.

Minutes later, I had been pushed in front of a dull looking background. The lady taking the picture told me to smile, I did as I was told, the flash going off.

Addie was after me, taking a stunning picture. They had given us some papers to take up to one of the desks where we filled out our information and signed signatures.

After two hours of being in there, we finally got our license! I called Nash, telling him to come pick us up since Addie's mom had dropped us of earlier.

"Call Hayes. He'd want to be the one to know first." I giggled, shoving Addie.

She blushed, "I will when we get to the apartment."

Addie practically lives with Chris and I now. She has her own room and keeps two dresser drawers filled with her clothes.

She usually stays more often when her mom is out of town, which isn't as much as she used to before. I'm guessing her eyes opened up to see the real her after Addie's dad died. It took them an entire week to settle their differences, but now they're inseparable as ever.

"Hey babe." I jumped in the car, kissing Nash's cheek.

"Helllloooo." he held out, lacing our fingers together.

"Well I'm chopped liver back here." Addie chuckled.

"Hey Add." Nash smiled back at her.

"Hai." she cheesed.

"How'd y'all do?" he asked hopefully.

"Get ready cause we're gonna be on the road." I showed him my license.

-

addie

"1, 2, 3, CHEESE!" my mom said excitedly, taking the picture.

"Mom, that's like the tenth one you've taken." I huffed, my cheeks hurt from smiling. Should've stayed at Brooke's.

"We need to document the memories of my only daughter-" Lydia interrupted, coughing awkwardly. "The only daughter I birthed." My mom looked over at her in apology, me rolling my eyes.

"Getting her license. Right Hayes?" she finished, still excited.

"That's right Mrs. Brooks." he smiled, looking down at me.

"Suck up." I mumbled. He squeezed my waist, making me jump a bit. I laughed, wrapping my other arm around his stomach to where we were now in a hugging position.

"I'm proud of you baby girl." he mumbled, his chin set upon my head.

"Thank you." I sighed.

"OOH! Another picture opportunity." We both smiled big, my mom snapping the picture, going off to call all of her friends, telling them the big news.

"Wanna go upstairs?" I looked up at my boyfriend. He nodded, turning towards the stairs.

We started walking up, until a voice interrupted us. "No funny business."

"Suck my ass. You've done worse than both of us combined." I snapped back at Lydia, sending her daggers.

"Whatever. Sarah's coming over today." More like satan.

"Tell someone who cares."

Hayes and I walked into my room, sitting on the bed. I laid back, sighing in frustration.

"Why do they have to be friends with her?" Hayes proclaimed.

"I don't know. Bitches attract I guess?" I giggled, turning on my stomach to face him.

"You're so cute." he admired. Hayes tends to do that a lot. He goes soft on me all of time, but I think it's adorable.

"Do you want to go somewhere so that she won't bother you?" I asked.

Every time Sarah comes over when Hayes is here, she tries every way possible to get near him and be with him. It really gets on his nerves, not so much mine because I know he would never go out with her. He said it himself, she's a slut and hates her.

"Nah. I want to spend time with you. No people around us, just me and you." he leaned back.

"Okay. Well this calls for a movie and snacks. What do you want?" I sat up.

"The usual." I nodded knowing what he wanted.

"Pick out a movie." I shouted back as I walked down the stairs.

Grabbing a bowl, I set out all the stuff we need. Popcorn, M&Ms, pretzels, and marshmallows.

I put the popcorn in the microwave, adding the already popped bag into the bowl with all the other ingredients.

Usually, we shared the bowl and had two separate snacks of our own. Mine is pickles and popcorn (weird but delicious), and his is Oreos.

"Here ya go." I dropped the pack of Oreos onto the bed.

"Thanks baby." he kissed my cheek.

Hayes had already put a movie in. Already knowing what it was, my eyes trailed to the TV. Stand By Me. It was our favorite.

"I'm glad I'm with you." I sighed, eating a piece of popcorn.

"I'm happy to be with you too..." he trailed off. I looked over at him, seeing as he was already looking at me.

"You changed me." he says softly.

"And you changed me." I whispered.

~

I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER.

I've been writing this for a few days, trying to figure out how to write this.

But I did and I hope you like it

xx

🌻