Getting to Know You

addie

"98, 99, 100! I'm comin', hide yo children!" I heard Cameron yell in my hiding spot. I stiffled a laugh, sitting in the corner of a hidden closet that I may have not told anyone about.

A few minutes later, the hatch to the closet started opening. I balled up even more, hoping it wasn't Cameron. Instead, it was Hayes standing in the doorway. Almost immediately, he closed the door and came over to sit next to me.

"You scared me. I thought you were Cameron." I laughed, looking over at his sculpted face.

"It's okay, he won't find us here." he said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"What was up at the mall today when we ran into your friends?" we've been sitting here for five minutes, and still, no one has found us, so I decide to ask him about what happened.

"What do you mean?" he asked, looking down.

"You know exactly what I mean." it's all over his face.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know, they shouldn't have treated you that way. It made me furious."

"Then why didn't you say something? I left and you didn't even notice." I sighed.

"I did notice and I did stand up for you right after you left. They called me a wuss cause I'm apparently 'whipped' by you. But I don't want them talking about my real friends like that right in front of them and me." he admitted.

I was a bit mad, but I just put down my walls and gave him a hug. Immediately, he hugged me back, tightening his arms around my small body.

-

"Do you think they'll find us." I've gotten a bunch of different text messages from all three of them and so has Hayes. You could hear their footsteps running around my entire house.

"Probably not." he laughed. It's been about an hour now and I'm starting to get tired.

"How'd you find out I was in here?" I asked. I just realized, no one knows where this small space is except for me. Not even my own family.

"I don't know. I just came upstairs and saw your phone light, so I crawled in." he laughed.

"Oh." I giggled. Not that annoying giggle other girls do, just a NORMAL giggle.

"This should be our little place. No one else will know about it but us." he said after a long silence.

I nodded and smiled, "I like that idea."

Seconds later, I yawned. We were still in a hugging position, and I had my head laid on his chest, ready to fall asleep any second.

"You can go to sleep if you want." Hayes whispered.

"I-I don't want t-" I stopped midway to yawn.

But by then, I had already drifted off to sleep.

-

hayes

Addie was lying on my chest, fast asleep. She had been sleeping for about fifteen minutes now.

I was tired, but I stayed up, thinking.

Do I like her? I mean, she's beautiful, smart, funny, just overall... I can't even explain it.

But I have only known her for a couple of day, and I want to take things slow. She isn't like any other girl. Most of the girls I encounter want me to get in their pants after and hour of meeting them. And I wouldn't mind it.

But with Addie, I could never do that to her, and I don't want to. I want to take things slow, see where our relationship goes. There's one thing holding me back though.

If she knows about what happens at school with girls all over me and me being a total asshole. I will admit, I do have two different personalities in school with my "friends" and out of school with my actual friends.

I hate the life I live, I don't even know why I chose it- wait, never mind, yes I do.

I'm not worried about people seeing that I want to take it slow with her. If anyone asks, I'll tell them straight up. I'll show her as much affection as possible at school, but not the type of affection that I just want to bang her.

The type of affection that shows I want a real relationship with her.

I'm determined to change my ways, for the girl who makes it hard for me not to.

-

By the time Addie had woken me up, it was already six o'clock in the evening. I had a text from Nash saying they just gave up and their in the living room watching a movie. He sent it about an hour ago.

"Do you want to go up and watch a movie with them?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Not really, but I don't want to be rude and just leave them in my living room alone." she laughed, stretching.

She stood up, pulling me up with her. Addie had stumbled back a bit, about to fall, but I caught her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

Our faces were just inches away. I could feel her warm breathe on my cool face. We stood there, gazing into one another's eyes, not moving. That was until she turned, bending down to get out of the room.

"You coming?" she asked. She had already jumped down onto the couch that was under the hatch door.

"Yeah." I jumped down next to her.

"We should get a little ladder so we could get up there faster." she said, walking to the stairs that lead from upstairs to downstairs.

"Hey guys." Addie said, sitting down on one of the two chairs that were next to the couch. I sat down next to her, seeing there's no room on the couch because they were taking up the entire thing.

"Where were y'all?!" Nash exclaimed, looking over at us.

"Secret place." I smiled over at Addie.

"So y'all were hiding together?" Brooke smirked.

"Yeah but nothing happened, unless
sleeping counts." Addie laughed.

"Okayyyyy." Cameron held out, winking over at me. I glared at him and shook my head.

***

brooke

The movie had ended, and it was already eight o'clock, everyone was still over at Addie's. We were all talking until Addie asked us if we wanted to stay over.

"It's not like anyone will be home except me." she said.

"Are you sure?" Hayes asked, looking over at her.

"Positive." she smiled.

"Then I guess we're staying here for the night." everyone smiles.

~

I just made noodles and they are fantabulous 😍

I'm starting to get better at cooking 💁

THE SNAPCHAT IN THE SIDEBAR THAT BRYANT TOOK OF CAM IS MY FAVORITE PICTURE OF CAM EVER 😍😂

ITS SO ADORABLE

but question

is it moving to fast or no..?

I just need y'all's opinion

comment you guys' thoughts!

xx

🌻