Finally

hayes

She's finally awake after two days of watching and waiting. Addie's crying with Brooke in the corner, while me and Nash are just hugging her, bawling into her shoulders.

The only words coming out of our mouth's were 'I love you' and 'Are you okay?' She tries claiming she's fine, though we all can see the pain flashing through her eyes.

"How long have I been here?" my mom asks the doctors while Nash and I just sit thankful next to her bed, to happy to comprehend what's actually happening.

Addie went outside to call her mom, Brooke going with her to give us some time with our mom.

"Have you boys really been here this whole time?" our mom smiles weakly.

Nash and I nod, "Yes, ma'am. Hayes hasn't slept this whole time, he's been so worried. We really thought the worst, mom." Nash said for the both of us.

"Well look at me, I'm all good." she lifts her arms, doing a little dance move, a small smile playing at her lips.

The tears filled my eyes, "I love you, momma." She kissed my forehead and wiped my tears, telling me she loves me even more.

"Where'd my girls go?" mom asked after we had been talking for a few minutes, laughing like we weren't even in the hospital. It's like we were all back at home; it's just the way I like it.

"I think they're in the waiting room." I said, standing up to go and get them when my mom started ranting of how they should be in here.

I playfully roll my eyes and laugh at how much she loves both of our girlfriends. The girls shuffled in behind me, hugging my mother when they saw she was awake and smiling.

After a few hours of chatting away, mom was finally released with broken bones and a big smile.

The wheelchair was hard to maneuver into the back of my Jeep, but it worked out. Mom rode with Addie and I, while Addie was sleeping against the passenger window.

"How are you two doing?" mom asked from behind the passenger seat.

I smiled, "Great, mom."

"That's good. I really love that girl; she's like the daughter I never had." mom chuckled, being quiet so she won't wake Addie up.

"I really love her." I glanced over at her sleeping face, smiling at how her mouth slightly hangs open, eyes relaxed like there's nothing wrong.

"I can tell. Everyone can, baby." I laughed lightly at her sentence. I make it pretty obvious, don't I?

Mom and I made small talk for the drive back home. Once we got there, Addie was still sleeping and I was helping mom out of the Jeep.

It went smoothly, and I got her to her room with no problem. Addie was a different story.

She would not get out of the car for the life of me. She literally clutched onto the seatbelt.

"Baby, you gotta get out." I laughed. Addie moaned out a no, holding onto the seatbelt tighter.

"Don't you want a warm, comfy bed?" I questioned. Addie opened one eye, contemplating on whether or not I was being serious (which I totally was).

"Fine." she huffs, holding out her arm for me to pick her up.

We made it to my room with ease, Addie falling back asleep on the way up the porch stairs. Once we made it to my room, she snuggled into my pillow. I roll my eyes, walking back down the stairs.

Luckily, mom could sleep downstairs in the guest bedroom. Once we got her all sorted out, it was past midnight.

"I'll see you in the morning. Get some rest, sugar. I love you." my mother kissed me on my forehead, lightly shoving me towards the door.

I made my way up the stairs, lying down next to my adorable girlfriend. I sigh in content, happy that everything is fine and I'm out of that hospital chair.

We're all going to be okay.

~

addie

"Wake up, my love." Hayes' whispers slowly drew me out of my sleep. I whined, snuggling deeper into the pillow. "It's almost eight. We have school today." I groaned, making Hayes laugh.

His breath hit my exposed shoulder, making goose bumps show up on my skin. The feathery kiss he just laid on my shoulder sent my stomach in a whirl.

"I'm up." I grumble, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Hayes was already ready, his hair pulled back in a perfectly messy quiff.

Not really caring about my appearance, I stayed in the leggings I had on last night, throwing on one of Hayes' old sweatshirts and my tennis shoes.

I brushed my teeth with my toothbrush over at Hayes' house and splash some water on my face. Within five minutes, I was ready to conquer school.

Elizabeth was propped on her wheelchair in the kitchen, making my eyes soften and water the slightest bit. I really do hate this for her, but it's ten times better than being in the hospital.

"Good morning." I chirp, grabbing an apple from the fruit basket. She sends me a smile and a good morning, Hayes coming in only seconds later.

We leave the house, stopping by mine to grab my stuff. Quickly running in and out, I was happy I didn't run into anyone that lives in my house. I would be bombarded with questions or insults.

Let's just hope it's an easy day.

~

*casually doesn't update for two months* *sobs in the corner*

I can't say I'm sorry cause it's pathetic...

IM SO FREAKING SORRY

UGH

...

UGH

you can hate me now, but I SWEAR I will update more.

I'm getting a new phone tomorrow!!!! so it will be MUCH easier to update as I do not have a laptop nor a good phone to update off of.

I really love y'all, and winter break is almost here!!

I ONLY HAVE FOUR MIDTERMS LEFT YIPPEEEE

Q: how are y'all feeling about this book
A: I feel I need to UPDATE MORE

xx

🌻