The Judging Type

brooke

"Miss Chambers!" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the old hag I call my teacher.

"Yes?" I asked, leaning on my hand.

"What year did the Postclassical Era occur?" she asked with an annoyed tone.

"Well, I was thinking maybe around the time you were born." I smirked in content while my classmates snickered.

"Office! NOW!" Ms. Mount yelled, clearly embarrassed.

"Gladly." I grabbed my stuffing, my feet gliding down the hallway towards the principal's office.

I walked in, sitting down in front of his desk, propping my feet up.

"What'd you do this time?" he asked, still doing paperwork, unfazed by my appearance.

"I sassed off Ms. Mount. You can't blame me, she pulled me out of my thoughts!" I defended.

"Thoughts of what? A certain Mr. Grier perhaps?" I blushed, slightly pushing him.

"Uncle Rod!" Yes, my principal is my uncle. And the coolest one at that.

"Just sayin'." he put his hand up in defense.

"Can I stay here for the rest of the period? Ooh and can I bring my friend Addie? Pleaseeee?" I held out.

"I don't care, just don't break anything." he shrugged, handing me the note for both Addie and I.

I thanked him as I walked out into the halls of the high school. I sauntered my way down to Ms. Mount's handing her the note, while pulling Addie out the door with me. She looked utterly confused.

"Where are we going?" curiosity evident in her voice.

"My uncle's office." we stopped in front of his office. The opened the door revealing he was somewhere in the school.

I sat down behind his desk. Addie threw her stuff onto the floor, sitting down in one of the comfortable chairs that sat in front of his desk.

"How has school been?" We haven't talked to each other since first period because she had a different class than me during second and Ms. Mount put us on different sides of the room.

"I like it. It's way different than Florida, but a good different." she smiled.

"Have you seen Hayes?" I said smugly.

She blushed slightly than shot right back, "Have you seen Nash?"

I blushed, "Actually yes I have. We have second period together." I smiled.

"Y'all are the cutest couple out there." she sighed, a smile on her face.

"That will be until you and Hayes start dating." I smiled cheekily.

"Why do you guys keep on saying that?!" she huffed, crossing her arms.

"Because y'all would b-" I got cut off to the (rude) assistant principal bringing Hayes in by the arm. He looked uncomfortable.

"Where's Dr. Chambers?" he asked, annoyed that we were in here instead of my uncle.

"We don't know, but he'll be back soon." I smiled.

"Sit down and don't move or else you'll have to face bigger consequences." he shoved Hayes into the chair next to Addie, walking out of the office.

"Hayes! What'd you do?"

"Some kid super glued down some chalk on Mr. Ballard's desk and he immediately assumed it was me." he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well was it you?" Addie asked, looking over at him.

"No, that's stupid. I would glue EVERYTHING down." he chuckled. We laughed.

"Why would he think it's you?" I asked.

"Because I'm the most 'bad boy' looking one in the class." Hayes rolled his eyes.

"That's stereotypical. Teachers are assholes." Addie mumbled. Hayes smiled over at her and laughed. There was a gleam in his eye.

"I'll tell Rod I didn't do it. He knows it would be me if I had glued everything down, not just chalk." he sat back in the chair, relaxing.

"We should hang out later." Hayes said.

"I can't. I still have to do chores." Addie huffed.

"Brooke?" he looked over at me.

"Nope. Dad said to pick Chris up and take care of him until he got back from 'work.'" she shook her head.

"Mann." he whined.

Uncle Rod walked in a second later, looking confused as why Hayes was here.

"Ballard thought I super glued his chalk to the table." he explained.

"You would glue everything down if it was you." he scoffed. We all laughed, it's funny to think our principal is so chill.

"Exactly!" Hayes threw his hands up in the air.

"Well I'll see y'all later, it's lunch time." We all walked to the cafeteria together.

Once we made it, Hayes branched off to his group of friends while Addie and I went to go sit with Nash and waited for Cameron. We started talking to Nash while Cameron walked over to us with his food.

"Robinson's class sucks this year, he doesn't let us goof off anymore." Cameron sighed, sitting down next to Addie.

"I know! I was chewing gum and he yelled at me to spit it out." Nash laughed from beside me.

"No one likes Robinson, he's a douche." I shook my head.

"Pretty much sums it up."

-

addie

After school was over, Hayes insisted to walk me home since Nash couldn't drive us because he and Cameron had baseball practice and Brooke had to walk next door to the middle school to pick Chris up. 

"When does football season start back up?" I asked Hayes, trying to make conversation.

"Tryouts are in two months from now, so May, and we have training throughout the summer, and we don't have actual games until mid August." Hayes said, smiling. According to all the pictures around the house of Hayes and Nash, they are really into their sports.

"That's cool. Maybe I'll come to some over your games." I teased.

"Some of them? Why not all?" Hayes pouted, casually throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I cheekily smiled.

We had walked up to my doorstep. To be honest, I didn't want to go in. I was having much more fun joking with Hayes than I would be doing chores.

"Do you want me to help with your chores?" he offered we stood on my doorstep.

"I'd like that." I smiled.

~

IM SO SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVENT UPDATED!

I just flew into Texas and I've already been really really busy!

I swear I'll try to update more sooner.

Also, in this fanfic it's only going to be Hayes and Nash, no Will or Skylynn

But guess what...

TODAY WAS CHRISTMAS EVE EVE AND TOMORROW'S CHRISTMAS EVE, AND THE NEXT DAY IS CHRISTMAS!

I. AM. SO. EXCITED. ASHDLCALXK

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, if you celebrate it.

xx

🌻